Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I'm getting that message today which is after the deadline

After what deadline?  

Upayless
Returning Member

Can you please tell me the entry form to delete? Which one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this error and fixed it - here's what happened to me.  I started with TT Deluxe and started on my personal return.  I later upgraded to TT Home and Business to help a family member file for their home-based business.  When I went back to finish my return, I received the same error you described.  I looked in "View" from the top toolbar - then looked at Forms.  I saw a Schedule C that I knew didn't belong.  I went back to the step-by-step and noticed that there was a new tab for "Business" in the top tabs. In there I found the Schedule C that was somehow added to my return.  To correct, I opened that tab, and the first section had a blank Schedule C, I just had to delete it.  To be safe, I "updated" all of the fields in that tab to be sure they were empty - and it worked, and I was able to electronically file.  Hope this helps you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you're filing a personal return, look for any forms not common for a personal return (such as a Schedule C).  See my previous reply in the general post of this thread regarding how I resolved this issue.

I gave up with TT a couple hours ago and went to FreeTaxUSA. It imported my TT info from last year so I just had to input the numbers from my failed TT Home And Business from today and was able to e-file with no problems and already got the accepted notification. Federal was free and only $14.95 for State. Never paying for TT again after 15 years of using it. I was going to try HR Block but it didn't support e-file for my state's homestead credit but FreeTaxUSA did.

its January 29th and im still getting this same message. it not allowing me to efile suggesting that I mail them in. Is anyone else getting thus message?

csanchez1

I heard that there were certain. laws passing after 01/29/2024 i just filed my sons' taxes e-file all went well.

mimikat

Thanks for your attempt to help. Unfortunately, I do need to file a Schedule C. Therefore, I cannot delete it in order to e-file successfully.

I am waiting for TurboTax to provide a software update to correct this issue affecting numerous loyal customers.

Jconlon
Returning Member

Well, that would be fine if I didn't need to file a schedule C. But, unfortunately, a lot of us on this thread do. 

that makes no sense

so its 01/29 and still saying same thing.  i have rental property and a 1099NEC from doordash.  this is so frustrating i checked the irs website and they accepting electronic business forms so this is a TT ISSUE. I am so stressed because i have a 1099 for my property from the state so i have to file this but not waiting for mail.  think ill just try H&R BLOCK SOFTWARE and demand TURBOTAX GIVE ME A REFUND.

ITS THE 29TH STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

Getting "This return has forms that cannot be e-filed." Same forms as previous years. It is now 1/29 so e-files should work. Forms shown in return are:  FORM 1040, 1099-R, 1099-SA, SCHEDULE A, SCHEDULE B, 1099-INT, SCHEDULE C, SCHEDULE E, FORM 2106, FORM 6251, FORM 8853, FORM 8889-T, FORM 8889-S, FORM 8936

<reply>

was talking to a TT person earlier. They said I have form 8936 in my list of forms. That form is for electric vehicle credit. I was told that form won’t be available until Feb 21st. I don’t even have an electric car though.

Nevermind. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies