Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Same issue here. Tried multiple fixes for over an hour and finally decided to just do a Save-As version and delete my wife's 1099-NEC income and expenses and it was magically available to e-file. Of course, I can't e-file that way since it's incorrect. From what I see in this thread, we're just waiting for TurboTax to fix this? Guess i'll check this post daily for updates.

Yes, I am a Senior Tax Associate with TT. This issue has been escalated to the top and we are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible. I will post an update here tomorrow when I know more. Thank you all for your patience, we really are sorry for this inconvenience.

Even when I removed the SE HI deduction it still wouldn't file it...it does seem like from everyone's response here that it is related to Self-employment income, somehow...

I bought the hr block kinda gave up on it because was so confusing however after going to an hr block today I decided to give it another try. It is definitely WAY harder than turbo tax but you are able to efile. No I didn’t see where you can import anything from TT

BFB1
Level 3

I have the same issue as of 01/29.  Was on phone with Turbo Tax for 45 minutes. Same forms for last three years. They had no solution but wait. Very frustrating.

deleting this and it still will not efiled

Yes HR block Premium & Business.  

TT is really messed up. I have used them for years and now I will not. I thought something wasn't right. I always itemize and I was not getting that much back and I kept getting the warning. I just went over to TaxAct, redid my taxes and went from owing state to getting a huge refund in both. The f***ing thing was not giving me credit for my interest on my mortgage and wouldn't let me file. I thought it was my schedule C this whole time. Now I wonder if my son was correct even though he is basic. 

The issue is still there. It is Monday the 29th and my software is up to date and still getting the certain forms can not be e-filed error. Fix this TT this is unacceptable.

Can you please explain what you mean?  Why wouldn't you be able to e-file just because you have a schedule C?

This is unacceptable after 20 plus years of using turbo tax.  Next year, I will try a different program, I have been waiting for weeks to try and e-file my 3 sons returns.  UNACCEPTABLE.  You have went downhill turbo tax.  I suggest you get back your employees who knew what they were doing.

TT has a software glitch. Obviously they didn't test their product very well before selling it to the public. I've never had an issue before with them so I will give it a few more days before I leave and never come back. But this should have been handled by them before the first day the IRS will accept returns. I am not happy,

QueenM, thanks for responding and trying to keep everyone up-to-date!

Perhaps it would help if everyone would identify the version of TT with which they are having problems.  I too cannot efile and am using TT Deluxe.  But I suspect most posters are using TT Home & Business, and may not be getting explanations from the system.  

When I run a Review, Deluxe clearly tells me that it is Form 7206, and the revised date for its release is February 7 (changed from January 31).  TT even provides a box to check if you want an email informing you when the 7206 is available. This is a new form / instruction the IRS has in DRAFT now and can be viewed on their web site.  The form is for the Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction.  In past years we could just use the TT worksheet.  The IRS decided they wanted a form since they viewed this as a "gray" area.  It replaces their worksheet that was found in Pub 535.  You are allowed this deduction if "you were self-employed and had a net profit for the year reported on Schedule C"  which I did.  The deduction ends up on Schedule 1, line 17.

It appears that the 7206 is the only holdup preventing my efile, but this may not be the case.  Do you know of additional problems?  Does the problem exist in all TT versions?  Could it be that the program responses I am getting are unique to TT Deluxe and may not be present in TT Home & Business?

Best,  John

Home and Business

There seems to be a problem Efiling a Schedule C.  They are looking into it.  Just wait to file.  They usually update the program on Thursdays.

The form 7206 is not part of my return and so is not part of my issue. Home and Business edition. I did delete the one form that said, in bold red, to not e-file but that did not help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies