Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

All right..well I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully it all clears up by then if that's true. Been using TT for 10+ years and never had this kind of problem until now.

Every year I do a practice run through HRBlock and Turbo Tax, just to see if there's a difference.

Differences are: TT has not updated forms needed to (per EIC and CTC changes) e- file, so I'm not allowed until 1/31. Also, TT will charge me $39.95 for filing state.

HRblock- already updated and allowing to file. And free both federal and state. 

I'm going with HRBlock from now on!

I'm running into the same issue. I tried again today (Sat 1/27/2024) but it's still saying that I can't e-file. Before I spend money and time trying to switch software, I am curious if this supposed update actually got published or is still incoming?

If I need to switch from Turbotax Home and Business, what would everyone recommend as an alternative that will easily import everything and make the switch as seamless as possible?

-Bill

I didn't change anything in my business name or description in my schedule C, so I'm thinking its more than just that..

I'm still seeing the issue today (Sat 1/27)

I opened TT this morning 8am EST and it automatically downloaded a 275MB update. Installed and still the same issue... this is just not great.

Can't file until January 29th. TT just needs to make that the notice when you try to file before then instead of saying something about a form.

IRS has announced January 29th as the start of the tax season. That means no submitting prior to that.

I tried again today also still same problem and no updates software is up to date and still can’t efile. I tried purchasing hr block but got a refund because their home and business download separately they are not in one like TT. Chatted with them and they said have to do personal and business on separate returns. So I am also looking for another software if anyone can recommend one for home and business.

I filed taxes for family members that had just a w2 last week and they did submit so waiting til 29th is not the issue. IRS just isn’t processing until then you are still able to file.

It's possible the IRS hasn't released a form that is needed for business filings. I don't know. Either way, TT needs to make the error more straight forward so we know what form is the problem.

I have the same issue and I saw the other replies about waiting until the 29th.  I was able to efile my granddaughters return 2 days ago.  It doesn't make sense. 

I am having the same issue with my business tax, thanks for the heads up I will wait until the 29th.

I was able to file my wife tax return using the website, so using the actual program everyone is having the same issue?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies