turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ailawadhi

I downloaded a CSV file but don't know how to import it into TurboTax since it only allows TXF. I do not want to type it - can you help?

My financial institutions are not listed in the "import from" list - therefore I had to resort to downloading CSV files - but do not have a way to convert to TXF for import. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I downloaded a CSV file but don't know how to import it into TurboTax since it only allows TXF. I do not want to type it - can you help?

There is a tool out there to perform this conversion. I’ve never used it, but you may want to give it a try.

http://www.easytxf.com/ 

shreeshk

Is this recommended by TurboTax/Intuit? I don't want tax errors if this site has any bug.
shreeshk

Looking at the input for easytxf.com, wash sale column is not included in the conversion.

Tool doesn't work - I tried. 

This entire problem was created by the Crypto exchanges combined with the inability of Turbo Tax to enable "simplified" converting and downloading.   Whether it's Coinbase, Crypto.com, etc., they've all failed at providing a simple and direct way of exporting tax data into Turbo Tax.  FAILED.  
Traditional investment firms and banks have made the process simple.  Never a problem with downloading from Investment Firms or Banks.  Crypto exchanges are absolutely horrible.  Converting files (CSV file to TXF file), determining which CSV file to save as (comma, delimited, UTF, etc) is absolutely ridiculous, time-consuming and insulting.  Another issue with Crypto exchanges is security.  Because of all the bad guys in the world, they make it nearly impossible to manage your account - and heaven forbid, don't ever, ever forget your login credentials.  You will be locked out forever.   

And then there is Turbo Tax - why aren't they involved in making the process simpler??   Turbo Tax - are you listening?   We spent an entire wasted weekend trying to upload CSV files, convert CSV files to TXF files, etc, only to receive an abundance of error messages.   For reasons unknown and never fully explained, tech engineers are never intuitive and are incapable of making life simpler for those of us buying tech products.  Filing an accurate and timely tax return is the law.  Don't depend on Crypto exchanges and Turbo Tax to help you.   

parkour69

were you able to figure it out, because stupid easytxf doesn't work for me either,

What is the tool?

NO

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies