Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I use keyboard to enter data in a field and move between fields? Disappointedly, the 'Enter' key fails to enter data and move cursor to next field on laptop.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I use keyboard to enter data in a field and move between fields? Disappointedly, the 'Enter' key fails to enter data and move cursor to next field on laptop.

8 Replies

Try the tab key

Thank you.  Your suggestion works as pressing Tab key saves field entry and advances cursor to next field.   Process is a bit awkward compared to use of Enter key with most software and while typing.  Old dog, new trick sort of thing...
ted_drake

The tab key is the standard for web applications. Enter key is common for desktop applications.

Solved

Rockula

I am not using a web application, I am using purchased software on my laptop.  I have used Turbo Tax for over 20 years and it has always worked with the enter key.  I'm sorry but to remove functionality so natural to most anyone is ridiculous!  Quicken asks you how you want to move between fields, why wouldn't Intuit at LEAST give you the option.  It's absolutely frustrating.   FAIL.

i had no problem in previous years, however it just happened to me in turbo tax premier z2023.  is there a setting?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. Try using your tab key in your program.

@testtt 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i ended doing that before i saw your response.   more tabs in somr sections  than previous years.  thanks fore your response.  first time i posted here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies