Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The address of my company on my w2 is different then the state I work in.. I.e the corporate address is on my w2 but I work at one of my local docks. How can i file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

The address of my company on my w2 is different then the state I work in.. I.e the corporate address is on my w2 but I work at one of my local docks. How can i file?

You may enter the information from your W-2 as it appears. If the address is out of state, it will not affect your return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MollsBBU

You may enter the information from your W-2 as it appears. If the address is out of state, it will not affect your return.

no worries if you paid your taxes to the state you live in the company address doesnt matter. I live in north carolina and work for PPG, the companys main office which is on my w-2 is in pittsburgh PA. but use the home office address.not the local dock address

rydmerlin

The problem doesn't let you E-File your return if it sees the difference stated above.
93Abera

Where I was been worked last 5 years?

@93Abera You do not know where you worked?  You could try getting wage and income transcripts from the IRS for those past years.  Those will show the wages reported to the IRS by employers you worked for.

You can get a free transcript from the IRS:   

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

The address of the payer on the W-2 is irrelevant and has nothing to do with e-filing. The only "address" that matters for taxes, would be the state (if any) indicated in box 15 of the W-2. That's the state you pay state taxes to, regardless of the address in box c.

As for e-filing, as of the date of this post the IRS (not TurboTax) has closed e-filing for the 2018 tax season permanently and forever. You have no choice but to print, sign and mail the return to the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies