Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Castrog63

Taxes

I can't access my turbo tax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Taxes

You wrote:  "I can't access my TurboTax."

First of all, what product are you using--Online TurboTax or desktop software?  If Online TurboTax, what edition?

Please describe what you mean.    If you're using Online TurboTax, is it one of these?

Do you not remember the correct User ID and password?   If not, we can tell you how to recover account access.

Or can you log in OK, but then it suddenly takes you back to the log-in screen in a loop?   If that's the case, then try a different browser.   Chrome appears to work for a lot of folks, but it's unpredictable which one might work.

Or do you mean you can't download/print a prior return because it asks you to pay to access?

ggl70245
Returning Member

Taxes

I purchase a Turbo Tax disc at a store. I have completed my taxes but just need to edit a change. This last time it won't let me in without a password. The program wants to ask me a security question but then posts no question

To find my password.

ggl70245
Returning Member

Taxes

I've never had to use a password to access the Turbo Tax forms. That seems to have started this afternoon.

Taxes

@ ggl70245 wrote:

I purchase a Turbo Tax disc at a store. I have completed my taxes but just need to edit a change. This last time it won't let me in without a password. The program wants to ask me a security question but then posts no question To find my password.

I've never had to use a password to access the Turbo Tax forms. That seems to have started this afternoon.

Are you using the desktop software for Mac or Windows?   Is this for a 2019 return?    In the desktop software it shouldn't ask for a password unless you voluntarily chose to password-protect your data file.

If it's a Mac, be sure you have installed the program and removed the CD from the drive and are not running the program from the CD.

I'd also reboot (restart) the computer, launch TurboTax and get the latest updates, then see if the problem recurs.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies