Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stuck Trying to Fix Entry in Worksheet that TT Asking Me To Correct

Nearly finished tax filing on TurboTax but I’ve been stuck since I’m being asked to fix an entry in a worksheet that shows a checkmark for a disallowed wash sale loss and the amount is ‘0” and apparently it cannot be zero. I look at the actual brokerage tax form and it should be $0.47. Does that round to zero? Anyway, it is impossible to make any changes on this worksheet in the cell where the problem exists. Can anyone advise me how to enable me to get this worksheet corrected? I can just ignore this error and file, but I’d rather correct it.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Stuck Trying to Fix Entry in Worksheet that TT Asking Me To Correct

Okay I played around TT and was able to fix it on my own. Here’s what I did: While I was unable to change the entry in the worksheet that displayed the error in the Smart Check ‘Check This Entry’, I went over to Wages & Income and reviewed the specific Stock, Mutual Funds item that was triggering this error and eventually clicked enough to see this disallowed wash sale loss which contained an accurate entry of the 47 cents. I assumed this was rounding to 0 which was causing the error message so I changed it to $1 and voila, there is no more error and this had no impact on the calculation of federal taxes due.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies