Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stuck in a loop on step 2 "Your refund info"

I'm stuck in a loop after entering my direct deposit info.  I cannot finish my taxes.

I have tried going through review process on Federal, State, and final review.  I have tried using a different browser.  This has been going on for over a week.  I have already paid so I can't even back out of this now.

Offer a fix that works please.  Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

33 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Your computer may be stuck in a loop.  Let's Clear your cookies history and reboot.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I cleared all cookies and tried again, as well as loading up AN ENTIRELY NEW BROWSER to attempt to start with a clean slate.  All resulted in repeating the same situation, no progress.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue in the Final Review section when selecting the pay with a refund option. The customer is looped back to Final Review.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

Sign In To Receive Notifications of Updates

@acflash21 

I ran through my return from start to finish, after restarting my computer.  Still stuck on this step.

I am not "paying with a refund", so I should not be subject to this bug.  I wish I selected that option as I could just leave this frustrating situation and use another provider.  But I have already paid for this service and now want to see it through.  Please provide a working solution.

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, some customers are experiencing trouble with looping in the File section. Please follow this link to get additional troubleshooting suggestions. 

Having same issue.  Tried clearing cookies and cache on 2 browsers (Chrome, Edge), and even mobile app all with same loop happening. Developer needs to bug trace this.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you getting a message that says oops, we hit a snag?  What is the error message you are receiving?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You need to sign out of TurboTax on ALL devices, clear cache and cookies, and try again.

Can you confirm if this solves your issue for me?

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

@acflash21 

There is no error message.  It just sends me back to the same page immediately.

"Just two more steps and we'll file your returns", I click on "Continue" on Step 2. 

I fill out all banking information. 

I finish all pages. 

Then get back to the original page, except "Step 2: Your refund info" remains uncompleted. 

REPEAT

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This was an issue toward the end of February, but has been corrected. Did you follow all the steps I listed? 

If you are using the desktop software, try doing a manual update.  Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software

mike10000

Mine is doing this right now too. Very frustrating. So close and yet so far. Has this been fixed yet? 

mike10000

Any update on this? I’m stuck in the loop as well

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

As a work around, some people have gone into the TurboTax App, filled in their direct deposit information and was able to complete. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies