turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mbear36

Stimulus Payment Accepted By IRS, But Still Not Processed

Hello, 

I did the stimulus registration with Turbotax about 11 days ago. It has been accepted by the IRS, however it says it is still not processed. It has been stuck on the "accepted" status for 10 days. I gave them my direct deposit information.

Will they be able to send my stimulus payment via direct deposit if they have accepted my information, but did not actually process it? 

Also, the stimulus registration through TurboTax essentially just sent over a  2019 tax form even though I technically do not need to file. I only did it to give them my direct deposit info.

So, will it ever actually get processed? Is being accepted enough to get my stimulus payment sent to my bank account? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, that is all you need to do to get your stimulus payment and it will be paid by direct deposit. It will get processed, but the IRS has not shared any information about when stimulus payments will be distributed.

Click here for up to date information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mbear36

I guess what I am exactly asking is:

Do I have to wait until it is completely processed before the stimulus payment will be sent? 

I was hoping that my direct deposit information would automatically be on their system since it is e-filed, which would allow them to send the stimulus payment immediately, whether the actual form is processed or not. 

I appreciate the effort by turbotax, but their stimulus registration product is nothing but a 2019 tax return. It actually slowed everything down since the IRS have process that first (it seems). I was really hoping it would literally send the IRS my info and get the ball rolling. That's what turbotax makes it seem like at least. The registration for non-filers on the IRS website, though also run by Intuit, seems more along those lines (but I do not know exactly).

Furthermore, I can NOT track my stimulus payment since I technically already filed. It says they have no info on me. Yet, the taxes are still being processed, coming up on the 20 day mark, without a word or update from the IRS. I know it's out of turbotaxes hands at this point. But is it really, since the same company (INTUIT) is running all these tools on the IRS website? 

Mbear36

Edit:

ACTUALLY, the 2019 tax form (1040) that the TurboTax stimulus product filed has only been ACCEPTED., They have NOT begun processing it. I understand they are swamped, but it has been 2 WEEKS ALREADY! And it's so very simple. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies