turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jamar_d89

Stimulus check payment

I didn’t receive a stimulus check but I accidentally marked myself as a dependent when no one claimed me this year,it was my first year filing on my own
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Stimulus check payment

You would have to amend your return to make the change.   If you amend, amended returns must be mailed.  At this time the IRS is not processing mailed in returns.  They won't process mailed in returns until they re-open, so your amended return would not be processed in time to receive the stimulus money.

The stimulus money is actually an advance on your 2020 return (filed in 2021), so if he qualifies, he could receive it if he files a 2020 return.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Stimulus check payment

You would have to amend your return to make the change.   If you amend, amended returns must be mailed.  At this time the IRS is not processing mailed in returns.  They won't process mailed in returns until they re-open, so your amended return would not be processed in time to receive the stimulus money.

The stimulus money is actually an advance on your 2020 return (filed in 2021), so if he qualifies, he could receive it if he files a 2020 return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies