Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can i file my 2017 taxes in 2019?

@Mail2Tina wrote:

Yes I know I have to mail in but need to know if I buy TurboTax deluxe will it cover 2017 business sole proprietor and 2018 as an employee? And would that be turbo tax 2018(to cover 2017 and 2018's filing?

Each tax year is a separate TurboTax program.  Yes, you can use any of the TurboTax desktop editions to enter your income and expenses as a sole proprietor on a Schedule C along with entering your W-2 as an employee.

So I can use basic for sole proprietor too? But have to pay for 2 times to file both years?

@Mail2Tina wrote:

So I can use basic for sole proprietor too? But have to pay for 2 times to file both years?

Yes.  You will have to purchase each tax year, 2017 and 2018.  The Deluxe or higher edition is available for prior year tax software.

Styers

My name is michele styers 

I paid for 2017 turbo tax and it was rejected then today 4/26/2020 I paid again for 2017.

How do it bring back information and file.

Jazzy84

Once I download the desk top program for 2017 and 2018 and pay the fee, can I use the same program for my mother? I need to file her taxes as well as my own and was wondering could the program be used twice or do i pay for another program?

@Jazzy84 wrote:

Once I download the desk top program for 2017 and 2018 and pay the fee, can I use the same program for my mother? I need to file her taxes as well as my own and was wondering could the program be used twice or do i pay for another program?

With the TurboTax desktop download editions you can create, complete and file as many tax returns as you need without further charge.  To start a new tax return, click on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen.  Click on New Tax Return.  Always save your tax return when closing the program or starting a new return.

mckinnon01
Returning Member

Please disregard

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies