Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Schwab 1099 - can't Import - login fails "Login Temp Unavail, Try Later"

After giving it a rest for a couple of hours, I tried to import again. This time the login hung for over 4 minutes and I canceled. Then I tried again and was able to connect. The Schwab agreement terms come up and after checking the box at the bottom and continuing, I was able to complete the import transaction. All is good now,

I tried sporadically all day and got nowhere. Then I remembered I have a macro keypad. I programmed the Schwab login into one of the keys. After 73 rapid tries, I finally got in... geeze. 

That's the spirit!  Hello Schwab...

THTX
Level 1

Try first thing in the morning when their servers aren't bogged down yet.

I got in with one try this morning at 7:15AM ET.

Indeed! Tried at 4 AM EST and all went perfectly first try...seems likely the problem was that the Schwab servers were simply overloaded...life goes on!

@dbx227 I just stayed on the same Schwab pop-up window in TurboTax and tried REPEATEDLY, in RAPID SUCCESSION from that open Schwab login window.  I did NOT back out of that window...I just kept trying from the open Schwab window in TurboTax and after countless attempts...finally got logged on to Schwab and successfully downloaded my tax data in to TurboTax.  

Again, I'm using TurboTax Premiere for Mac that I purchased at Costco.

Good luck!

j4071b

Same issue - with a twist. I successfully downloaded my 1099 from Schwab Saturday afternoon with no issues. However, two hours later when I tried to download the 1099 for my daughter's return, I got the "Login Temporarily Unavailable, Try Later" message. Therefore, I assumed that it was a Schwab server issue. But I tried again this morning (Sunday) with same results. Frustrating! 

I have 3 Schwab accounts. 2 of them have minimal trading activity while the third has about 2k trades.

If i only choose to download activity for the 2 small accounts it loads fine but when I try to load all 3 its unsuccessful. 

Same problem, Sunday morning 2/20/22

bvarian

This still isn't working as of today (Sun 2/20/22).  Spoke to Schwab support - they said they thought they had a semi-fix in as of Friday, but have been getting continued calls about it.  I'm using the TurboTax Deluxe desktop app for macOS.  Totally wasted my $ on it apparently, as the ease of importing data was the primary reason I purchased it.  I'd stopped using TurboTax a few years ago and changed to H&R Block's software - now I remember why - TurboTax's product is just buggy and unreliable.  Guess I'm eating the software cost this year (wonder if I can deduct it, LOL?), manually entering everything, and NEVER EVER buying this crapware again.  Sigh!

but you returned to Turbo Tax?

How was HR Block compared to T Tax?

is the transition to HR Block "smooth"

Been on turbo tax forever and "afraid" to switch

I'm having the same problem.  Via Schwab and TurboTax Premier on a Mac.

I have the same problem.  I talked with Schwab this afternoon (2/20/2022). He said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. I asked that since tomorrow was a holiday does that mean they won't work on it until Tuesday.  He said they are working on it now.  No ETA for fix, but said he thought maybe today.  Don't know whether I believe him.  Looking on a way to manually enter the PDF version of the 1099 composite.  Any one can help me on this.  I show dividend interest and capital gains from mutual fund activity.  

So I actually started my return online and it uploads the 1099 info via pdf.  But I didn't find it as accurate as actually buying the software and having it native on my Mac.  So I went out today and bought the software and ran into this problem.  That doesn't really help if you have already purchased the software.  There is no way to migrate an online return to the software afaik.  I thought in the past there was a file at Schwab you could just download then select in Turbo Tax to import into the software.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here that provides troubleshooting steps for importing.  If this does not resolve your issue, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies