Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schwab 1099 - can't Import - login fails "Login Temp Unavail, Try Later"

Feb 18, 2022 - the Schwab 1099s are avail online, and just downloaded the PDF. 

Tried to Import into TTax, and after walking thru the various "security" screens, did the login to the Schwab screen - but it failed - with the message.

Login Temporarily Unavailable. 

Please try again later, or contact support.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

143 Replies
Sparko

I'm having the same issue.  All I can find the the Intuit canned answer but that doesn't fix it.  Mine says, "Login is temporarily unavailable.   Please try again or call customer support".  

I just spoke to Schwab--they tell me that effective last November 2021--they gave up on supporting Turbotax as Quicken had changed some protocols and has refused to share the with Schwab---Schwab took me to a security screen where I disabled and then re enabled some sharing with 3rd party instructions--in the hope that would resolve the problem

So--THIS WILL BE MY LAST YEAR USING TURBO TAX---I CAN'T STAND THEM ANYWAY--BUT THIS SEALS THE DEAL FOR ME

I am now on hold with Quicken 800 support in a last ditch effort to save my key strokes--as the 1099 download was my last step to finish my return.  

just to clarify - TurboTax is owned by INTUIT and NOT Quicken.

Intuit owned Quicken about 4 years ago - but sold it off..

Anyway - an Import from Schwab into Turbotax doesn't involve Quicken anyway... just Intuit /Turbotax.

Had the same issue...

Just chatted with Schwab and they say they are aware of it and working on it.

No ETA for a fix though, so we just need to wait and periodically try again.  

I said if it wasn't working within 24 hours I'd check back in with them for an update. 

Having same problem

I am having the same issue also. Supposedly, today 18 Feb, is the first day the 1099 composite data is available for download from Schwab (I got the pdf days ago), so it could be just a swamped server issue. However, I tried half a dozen times during the day with the same unable to login failure. I've been using this import function for many years and don't want to manually input the data again.

If they gave up supporting it, then why does their website say "You can import your Schwab 1099 Composite data directly into Turbo Tax or H&R Block tax software"?

That's the reason I bought Turbo Tax. 

It seems to be working now.

I've tried 3 more times to import over the past three hours. Definitely not working for me. There is no news on the problem on either the TurboTax or Schwab websites.

For those who were finally able to get in - did you just keep trying from the same login screen? 

boilermaker75
Returning Member

Not working for me this morning, Saturday Feb 18.

Do I just keep trying every few hours? I wanted to do my taxes this weekend. Whose problem is this turbotax of schwab?

Anyone know anything?

Schwab told me yesterday that they were well aware of the problem and that there would be no fix.   They said that Turbo tax changed their software last November and refused to share the new "specs" to enable Schwab to implement the function at their end.   I was told the toggle on and off the "enable 3rd party something" within the security center and just keep trying that--but no guarantees

Then called Turbo Tax and did get through and was on the line with a gal for 1/2 hour.  She claimed no one had heard of this issue (she tried to research it) and couldn't help me

I was able to return the CD I bought from Amazon as fortunately I was still on the 30 day window (on my 30th day) to return

I just manually entered the 1099 info and it wasn't too bad.  You just have to input the summary info (not every single trade/transaction)

I'm getting an error that the import was unsuccessful.  It didn't even ask for my username and password.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies