turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ken89
Returning Member

Reject Code R0103

I received Reject Code R0103 but I don't have a 414h on my W2 only RET amount. Is that the same thing if so should that be tax exempt or tax deducted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SamS1
Expert Alumni

Reject Code R0103

Do you have an amount in box 14?  If you are not a NY public employee, enter your Description, amount, then "Other" as the category.  If you are working for a private company with a retirement plan, in box 12 you should see a D, E, or G then the amount contributed in 2020.  

You are correct, these amount would not be taxable and should decrease your box 1 wages amount.  

Ken89
Returning Member

Reject Code R0103

Yes I have a RET amount in box 14 and box 13 is checked with retirement plan.  I do work for a private institution   Not public employee and I have a DD in box 12. 
For RET i have selected other not classified, the only other option I see is “other deductible state or local tax”and after submitting I'm getting the reject code.

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Reject Code R0103

Are your box 1,3,5 amounts the same?  Employers can put just about anything in box 14; it's a catch-all for items that don't have their own dedicated box on the W-2.

In TurboTax, enter the description from your W-2's box 14 on the first field in the row (e.g. RET.) Enter the dollar amount and select the correct tax category that goes with that description.

If none of the categories apply, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Other–not on above list.

If we need more information, TurboTax will ask you later in the interview.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies