Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tinanic66

Reject Code IND-031-04

I’ve been dealing with this reject all week while trying to file my daughters return.  She ended up having to create an account on irs.gov to retrieve her tax transcript from last year to see what AGI they had listed.  Turns out it was different than her tax return.  They had the amount on line 1 wages, salaries and tips listed as her AGI which is different than the return shows since AGI is listed on line 11.  Her refund amount was different as well so there must have been some adjustment.  Once I put in the amount they listed the return accepted.    Hope this helps others having the same issue.  

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Reject Code IND-031-04

We are glad you were able to get the issue resolved. Thank you for the update!

@tinanic66

memejames

Reject Code IND-031-04

I filed taxes today and they were rejected because self pin did not match.  I did not use pin last year because I had to pay and at time I did not have checking account.  My wife and I are now divorced and she took all our papers and WILL NOT get me any info I need on taxes; therefore I had to use a new pin for 2021.  Please tell me what to do.

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Reject Code IND-031-04

You don't have to enter last year's PIN to Efile.   You will need to enter your 2020 AGI (Adjusted Gross Income).  This amount is on Form 1040, Line 11.

If you don't have a copy of last year's return, you can get your AGI from a free IRS transcript. Online transcripts are available instantly. 

Here's more info.

@memejames

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies