Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmertz
Level 15

Problem with Form 2210 introduced with the release of 2020 TurboTax R19

Version R!9, just released within the past day or two, has introduced a new problem with the calculations on Form 2210 Part IV lines 20 through 26.  An overpayment shown on column (a) line 26 is not propagating to column (c) line 20, resulting in an incorrect underpayment being shown on column (c) line 25 and on column (d) line 25.  There is, in fact no underpayment.  Overriding either column (b) line 26 or column (c) line 20 to apply the overpayment from column (a) line 26 results in a correct calculations on columns (c) and (d) lines 20 through 26.

This is a problem on my own tax return where I must annualize income due to a large portion of my income occurring in Q4, requiring me to file Forms 2210 and Schedule AI (Form 2210).  Somehow TurboTax is doing a correct calculation on the Underpayment Penalty Worksheet and coming up with $0 of penalty on Form 2210 line 27, but that's contradictory to the (incorrect) underpayment shown on columns (c) and (d) line 25.

I've uploaded a stripped-down test file to demonstrate the problem, Token 260848.

@Katie_B , I'm mentioning you to bring this to your attention so that you can pass it along to Product Quality.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @dmertz ! I will be sure to pass this along. 😊

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Thanks @dmertz ! I will be sure to pass this along. 😊

I just posted the same issue before I saw your post.  I had exactly the same situation and problem.  Unfortunately an override knocks out E-filing.  TurboTax needs to fix this ASAP.

Hi, thanks for posting! This has been reported and the fix is upcoming. If you would like to receive updates on this, please sign up here.

dmertz
Level 15

Form 2210 is getting worse instead of better.  R21 provides no fix for the bug originally reported above but instead has introduced a new bug.  Form 2210 line 19 column (a) is now failing to include any estimated tax payment from line 2 of the Tax Payments worksheet even though the date entered for that payment is 07/15/2020 or earlier.  This new bug does have a workaround, though.  I can simply put this entry on a different line of the Tax Payments Worksheet.

You can see this new bug manifest in Token 260848 by simply moving the $20,000 entry from line 1 of the Tax Payments Worksheet to line 2 and observing that the $20,000 disappears from Form 2210 line 19 column (a).

dmertz
Level 15

Form 2210 has gotten better with the release of version R22.  Line 26 column (a) now properly propagates to line 20 column (c).

Regarding the second bug I reported above, TurboTax is still failing to include on Form 2210 line 19 column (a) any estimated tax payment from line 2 of the Tax Payments worksheet even though the date entered for that payment is 07/15/2020 or earlier.  The workaround to this second bug still works.

Thank you for letting me know! 

dmertz
Level 15

I edited my post above to say that line 26 column (a) now properly propagates to line 20 column (c).  I had previously said column (b).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies