Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

On Windows 10, TurboTax 2019 - Updater gets stuck on "Waiting for the installer service"

After spending several fruitless days trying to get my Michigan forms to download, this simple fix got the job done.  Thanks for the tip.

On Windows 10, TurboTax 2019 - Updater gets stuck on "Waiting for the installer service"

Bingo - Run as Administrator.

Sad TT did not jump on this issue.

Super Carl, 

I don't think that a possible fix that requires a user to downlevel their computer and then go through a lengthy reinstall process in hopes that it might work is really a workable solution.   

FLYGUY

I downloaded that patch but it won't install. 

It complains 

".NET 4.5.2 Framework verification tool can't be found"

My windows 10 is at Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1

I've run all the microsoft repair and update tools and I still can't install the State patch. 

When I spoke with support (who gave me the link to the patch ) they said that the State download issue is known to them and that there will be a fix in 24 hours ( which would be Sunday Jan 18, 2020 ) 

Waltd89
Returning Member

Help!!!

@bsr001 

Thank you.   After two calls to TT support,  downloading patches that won't install,  uninstalling and reinstalling,  running scores of Windows 10 system checks and updates   the simple Run and Administrator allowed my state download to install. 

Spent 2 hours in this yesterday and 3 hours today before I worked my way down to your suggestion. 

Doing the manual update worked for me based on the link, thanks.

soak44

problem "waiting on the installer service"

scn101
Returning Member

TurboTax 2019 Premier installed two weeks ago on win 10 without issue but hung on doing the latest update.  After trying many things in this thread and others, I gave up and uninstalled it.  I could not reinstall it, it would hang at 27% and then after a few hours throw a 1921 error code.  I called Intuit and after about an hour of them having me retry everything I had tried, we gave up.  They said they were escalating the issue.

Then I decided to try installing it in safe mode...which worked!

- boot into safe mode with networking: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

- open a command prompt with administrative privileges

- add the registry key (with networking) as shown here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/make-windows-installer-work-in-safe-mode

- then start the Windows Installer service by typing: net start msiserver

- install or update TurboTax

- boot back into normal mode

I hope this helps.

walt4

Is there a way to get fed forms update on windows 10?  I get error code 2329.

Same problem,  after update, clicking on "continue return" causes screen to go blank?????

I have the same problem, the Updater doesn't update, it just sits there. I called Support and the tech(?) was a young girl who didn't even know the word asterisk! Anyway, her suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall TTX.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Some are finding success using this link : https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies