turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

I entered my DD info on Wednesday AM still no deposit date available when I checked this morning, very concerning.

@WindyCityME Not an accountant and I'm not giving tax advice. My guess is that when you file your TY2020 tax return in April 2021, that they will "take back" the $1,200 stimulus payment if in fact you were over the income threshold to qualify. I'm sure you're not the only one in this situation. I don't see a way for them to modify anything about the 2019 1040 that gets filed July 15, 2020, so your idea of delaying your 2019 filing until July might work, at least temporarily.

Regarding the  "Payment Status Not Available" message - make sure you enter the information in the form exactly as it was on your last tax filing, including capitalization(s), punctuation if any, etc. IOW, their system needs an exact match, not a "close" match.

@swelch8392 Doubtful that the IRS will answer in person. My suggestion is that you call your district's Congressional representative's office and ask them for assistance to resolve your issue. If they aren't taking calls, leave a message and then send him/her an email. Our elected representatives need to know that the system isn't working the way it was promised. 

Checking the status of my sim stimulus check

@WindyCityME 

Well you have 2 options  and only you can decide based on your situation : 

1) Wait for the stimulus check based off the 2018 return  and keep trying to add the DD info thru the IRS portal every couple of days.  Then file the 2019 return later ... if you owe you have until 7/15/20 to file and pay.

2) OR  if you are getting a refund on the 2019 return file now for that and then when you file the 2020 return (if you qualify income wise) you can get the stimulus on that return next year. 

People need their money now, they got bills they need to pay.

how about you guys get off your asses and send the info the irs.

im sure you guys made a fortune from us, we’ll now do the right thing.

if I don’t get my check I’m using my company lawyers to sue the file a civil suits 

@freediverdude the same thing happened to me I put in my bank account info then it updated to a paper check being mailed on 4/24.

@8160 I also had that happen to me and they locked me out for 24 hrs two days in a row. My issue was the way I entered my address. Of course we know our addresses but it must be exactly as it is on your return. Try to enter it That way and see what happens!!! Hope this helps 

What should I do if the ( Get MY Payment ) app is saying my annual gross income or tax return amount does match the IRS's records for 2018 or 2019? I have files all my taxes through Turbo Tax for the last 10 years...

I still can’t get passed the payment status not avail message, but on Friday I there was a dd to my bank which was a reduced about and the description reads “temp adj for covid stimulus pymt access”. It doesn’t to say who it’s from and I called my bank and they couldn’t tell me either. It doesn’t say it’s and have an account number like the irs deposited the money. My bank couldn’t give me any answers except this is the first transaction they’ve seen like this and all stimulus payments like tax returns if from the irs clearly say irs. So I then called intuit and was able to find a person and they told me they don’t see any of the funds that it comes directly from the irs. Yes I got some and I understand people are still haven’t reciprocate anything but the amount is less than half what it should be and I can’t come up with any match for the description on any site or google. I highly doubt the irs would send me anything with out a clear description of what it is and where that it came from them. “Temp adj” lol I get stuff happens, that’s life but there hasn’t been 1 party who has stepped up to address people’s questions and concerns. TurboTax points at the irs the irs points at TurboTax. We have to do business with the irs we don’t have to do business with TurboTax which I don’t know anyone half in their right mind that would risk filing with you in the future. No support at all.

This isn't true. I used non-filer on the 10th,and I'm still waiting!

Have you been given a deposit date yet?

@Trg46777  Not me I checked this morning 

Dwooddell2011
Returning Member

If I’ve never had to file as an Injured Spouse before with my husband but I need to now for the stimulus check do I just send that form in now? Do I use the info from last tax season on the info from the stimulus check?  (They took my husbands, mine and my two boys portions for child support((child support isn’t even his but one issue at a time.))  HELP! I’m so confused on how to go about this.

Yeah mines supost to come tomorrow. I finally got ahold of a custoMer service person on turbo tax and she told me mine was pending 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies