Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

Turbo tax filed our taxes with there acct number.....however the forms we got sent via email ...had our correct info.....they do this to obtain filing fees .....however they never notified it's of our real number because they figured we have our returns already and wouldn't hear from us till next year....the stimulus has caught them an every other tax preperation company with there pants down....they've known it passed a month ago and I don't know why they didn't get the right numbers filed in 4 weeks...but they are in business to make money and they already got ours....

i GET THE exact same, for both myself and wife. We never get money back from IRS, but we do pay taxes. I am retired and get SSA benefits, but wife does not work and not on SSA. What to do?

maryross521
Returning Member

I would like to know if I am getting a stimulus check I am on Social Security and SSI will it come on my Direct Express credit card that I have for Social Security

I should have mine by now then. My income is $0.

I still can't find anything about if i even qualify or not. 

maryross521
Returning Member

I receive Social Security and SSI when will I be getting my stimulus check and where is it going to go to is it coming in the mail or is it going to go on my Direct Express card that I have for my Social Security payment SSI can you please answer this

Ellzey20
Returning Member

I hope someone can help me.  I applied for the stimulus payment as a non filer because I don't pay taxes right now.  I have 2 dependent children under the age of 17.  They also receive death benefits through Social Security for their dad.  I received a SSA 1099 form at the beginning of the year.  Will I or my children be eligible for the stimulus payment?

TurboTax user that used the Non filers form CHECK GET MY PAYMENT NOW! I filled out the "TurboTax free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers" on Apr 4th and just now I checked Get My Payment and it told me that I'm getting the stimulus checked deposited into my bank account on Apr 22nd!

TurboTax just saying you all suck!!!!!! Now all of us that had fees taken out after entering our deposit information are now having checks mailed after you were already loaded so many on the TurboTax card I will never use your own services again thank you!!

caelum123
Returning Member

I can confirm this, i used turbotax non-filer apr 5th and just checked and it said i will get my check april 22.  Was starting to worry.

Just a heads up to everyone, Wednesday when I checked the where's my payment portal, I was directed to enter my DD info since I had a turbo card and had fees taken out so IRS didn't have it. Now today it is saying I am getting mailed a paper check on the 24th.  So we may be getting paper checks even if we went in and gave a different bank DD info.

I've been locked out for 3 days now....such a frustrating situation..I was searching web for answers and found this....

Screenshot_20200418-080234_Chrome.jpg

Hope this clears up some of the confusion

Just warning everyone.  If they originally sent your direct deposit to Refund Advantage, they will send it to them again.  I am not sure what I need to do besides call the irs on Monday. I truly hate this.  

If they sent you a direct deposit to a Refund Advantage Meta Bank account the first time,  they are sending another one right back to the same account. Truly frustrating.  

It did the same thing to me @freediverdude ...and you notice how turbo tax hasnt responded to any threads since the 15th. 

WindyCityME
Returning Member

I have filed my 2018 Federal Income Tax Return however had to pay a small balance, hence no direct deposit information on the 2018 Tax Return.  I was laid off  in July 2019 and received a large severance and other associated payments, with all this has put me over the threshold for the COVID-19 stimulus relief.  Therefore,  now I am unemployed and still haven't found a position as of now, the COVID-19 stay at home situation has made this even more difficult.  I am holding off filing my 2019 tax return so I can get the stimulus relief funds based on my 2018 tax return, however, when I check the Get My Payment on the IRS website I get this response:

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

So I am asking what would others do.  If I file my 2019 tax return now I will get nothing due to the severance plus I am not getting a refund in 2019.  I am unemployed currently and the stimulus relief package would really help my family, and I owed a small balance on my 2018 federal tax return and IRS doesn't have my direct deposit info for 2018, they have it on the 2017 tax return though, since I had a refund that year.  I am in a very difficult situation.  Any advice on what I should do.  Will I get a check for the stimulus or will they wait until July 15, 2019 deadline to determine info which will rule me ineligible anyways?  I think I am going to get screwed.

Any suggestions would help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies