Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cattreeguy
Returning Member

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) stimulus payment thread

I do not like seeing at the absolute bottom of your post telling senior citizens the IRS will use the 1099 information...the IRS has to do that, not that they choose to do that.   Attempting to re-assure senior citizens the IRS is competent is a waste of time.  WE ALL know they are not competent.  I reviewed the IRS documents last night and the IRS still has incorrect, inaccurate information on the irs.gov site....about the stimulus payments...

Thank you so much! How do I know if I receive SS benefits? I mean, if I worked in the past, and is there is a portion always go to SS in the tax-return? is that the SS benefit we talk about? Thank you!

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

By getting social security benefits, it means that you get a social security check each month.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello,

My spouse has filed 2019 return as Married filing separate and got the refund to bank ac. I have not yet filed my 2019 tax return. Now I am planning to file amended tax return 1040X as  Married filing jointly to get about 2300$  stimulus check and also more refund. My question is:

1. I am not eligible for the covid check based on my 2018 income  and my spouse will get 1200$ based on her 2019 tax return. Can I claim for higher stimulus payment of 2300$ later on based on our amended MFJ tax return.

2. Is it possible to e-file 1040 MFJ instead of mailing the amended tax return to get higher stimulus payment on Apr 15.

I would appreciate your input.

Do i hv 2 file if im disabled and recieving ssi i make ruffly 9 to 11.350 close i mk 813.00 month im not claimed as dependent oh and alls i get in mail is w2 form with taxesallready takin

I filed for free, because I get S.S.I.. BUT IVWAS NEVER ABLE TO GIVE BANKING INFO.

ANYONE who gets an SSA-1099 form in January  does NOT need to do anything to get a check. 

Also while filing jusy incase found thy said i owed for my taxes wtf cant tax me twise its my retirement somepne syealing my info i dnt owe mothin help me pls

cattreeguy
Returning Member

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

IRS finally put up an update.......

I do not qualify for stimulus based on my 2018 income, however I do for 2019. My problem is that I can't file my 2019 taxes because I am waiting for an IRS Form (8915B) before I can file. Will I be issued a stimulus check once the IRS receives my 2019 taxes?

@Garretsmoney101 wrote:

Also while filing jusy incase found thy said i owed for my taxes wtf cant tax me twise its my retirement somepne syealing my info i dnt owe mothin help me pls

What type of retirement do you receive? If it's a pension or a traditional IRA, 401(k), etc. withdrawal, it's taxable if you made enough. If it's Social Security, it's generally not taxable unless you also receive other income. Withdrawals from Roth products generally aren't taxable unless you held the money for too short a time (5 years IIRC).

@cattreeguy wrote:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

IRS finally put up an update.......

That's been there for a week already. It's where Treasury bosses overruled the IRS' original plan to force untaxed SS/RRB recipients to file a return, which wasn't the intent of Congress (or AFAIK Secretary Mnuchin) when they wrote the law.

@usafgirl29 wrote:

I do not qualify for stimulus based on my 2018 income, however I do for 2019. My problem is that I can't file my 2019 taxes because I am waiting for an IRS Form (8915B) before I can file. Will I be issued a stimulus check once the IRS receives my 2019 taxes?

According to https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe... , Form 8915B won't be available for paper filing till 5/14, and won't be supported for e-file at all. Once you do get it filed & processed, however, the IRS *should* send you a stimulus check. (Be sure to include your direct deposit info on your paper return.) But then we're talking the IRS here, so there's no guarantee especially in your rather unusual situation.

Thank you. I hope you are right:)

Thank you for your response! I don't think I receive any monthly benefits. However, if I filed tax before, but not past 2 years, am I require to file again this year (with no income)? Thank you so much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies