turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not Able to install TurboTax 2017 Home & Business from the Promo CD

From the TT 2017 promotional CD, I have not been able to install the Home & Biz version on my computer. When I click on the file on the CD to install the software, my Edge browser is opened and prices are listed and the Home & Biz is $119. But when I select it, a list of questions are listed now equating to a price of $199 and it appears that I have to pay for the "2018" app before downloading it. Why does this happen when it appears the app is on the 2017 CD? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Not Able to install TurboTax 2017 Home & Business from the Promo CD

Not sure what is going on with that promotional CD you are trying to use.  But here is a link to just purchase and download the 2017 software program.  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

The desktop software must be downloaded to a full PC or Mac--make sure you choose Windows or Mac.  A 2017 return cannot be e-filed.  You will have to print, sign, and mail it.  

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies