Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to file electronically and submit a signed form 8283 and inventory on paper?

When I file I must submit an appraisal with form 8283, and that form must be signed by me, the receiving institution, and the appraiser. If I file electronically, TurboTax will automatically submit the form, but without the necessary signatures and inventory. How do I submit the signed form and inventory if I want to file electronically, and how do I make sure that they are associated with the proper electronic filing? Or am I barred form filing electronically because of this one form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

How to file electronically and submit a signed form 8283 and inventory on paper?

No, TurboTax doesn't submit Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions to the IRS. However, you'll be able to e-file and you'll have three days after you e-file to send in Form 8453 with your Form 8283/supporting documentation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HelenaC

No, TurboTax doesn't submit Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions to the IRS. However, you'll be able to e-file and you'll have three days after you e-file to send in Form 8453 with your Form 8283/supporting documentation.

turbo tax doesn't sign my 8283

I have my 8283 with all needed signatures. I plan to mail it to IRS with form 8453. I opened form 8453 in TurboTax but it does not have my name, ssn, etc. The form is blank and TT does not let me fill it out and check the box for 8283. Do I have to print the blank form 8453 and fill it out manually?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Yes print the form and fill it out manually.  Or use this Link for a fillable form 8453

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I get form 8283 signed? Who are the appraisers I can go to for these signatures? I donated to Goodwill last year. Thanks!

@Cynthiad66  or @wideglidejrp 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies