Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NJ-DOP This form may require an adjustment that has not been finalized for this release. When will this be available on turbotax small business?

Hello the software still isn’t updating and we all having the same issues 

NJ-DOP This form may require an adjustment that has not been finalized for this release. When will this be available on turbotax small business?

I found a workaround which nobody is going to like. You will have to delete your capital gains/loss import and individually input all Your transactions. I’m sure this will take many people hours but at least it will properly fix the NJ DOP issue and might even correctly populate your schedule D and schedule 8949. 

How did you enter summary totals? I entered summary total for proceeds, cost, adjustment for wash sales todal with checkbox W checked anf whdn i run the federal review it prompts me to review but TT does not say what exactly needs to be rectified… any help

If you already e-Filed 1040, you really should just wait until NJ-DOP is ready,

then everything should appear automatically.

Ironically on NJ website if you file your Resident Return there, it does not ask you to fill out NJ-DOP.

( might be because it is not ready ! )

I filed only because I deleted the import and manually inputted all my transactions. It took me all night which sucked but better than waiting for a false update from turbo tax customer service 

Hi Update on NJ-DOP error? Its been more that few days since the form was release on 17-Feb-2022 but still encountering the same error. TT Support: Can you please share the exact date for the fix so we do not keep wasting time on making attempt to pass the smart check?

For all who are asking Turbo Tax to fix the problem on this forum.  This is not the place to do it.  You are wasting your time. 

You need to call them and open an investigation on the issue.  If enough people open a "case", then maybe someone at Turbo Tax will fix this.  

I have done that and given wrong information by them. 

I opened a case with TT and they provided me with this update URL a few minutes ago:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/diagnostics/help/why-am-i-getting-error-sch-nj-dop-sch-dop-line-4-...

I spent almost 2 hours with TT Live Agent today and tried everything to eliminate NJ-DOP error and sort of started over. I already had my Federal return accepted and only NJ state was help up.

1. Turbotax is not expected to release any new update/fix. The form that were released on 2/17 - 2/18 are final.

2. If you had Stock/Investment information populated prior to 2/17 then you need to go back to your federal and delete the 1099 information that may have been imported/entered. Ensure all 1099s are removed.

3. Do not connect with your broker to import the transactions directly, instead enter ONLY TOTAL and Select box W for any Wash sales and upload a PDF of 1099.

Save the info and run the smart check, it will ask you to enter the date of acquired: Enter VARIOUS here.

Run the check and repeat the same steps for any additional 1099 you may have.

Be sure not to import the transactions from broker or upload the CCSV file. Just stick with the summary.

Are you serious?  I have not yet filed Federal.  All 1099's or just Stock sales?  Dividends too?  This is going to be a pain in the you know what.

The issue was with importing and 1099 from brokers and TT could not process individual records of stock sales and interest income. Enter summary totals as suggested by someone in this forum and it is passing smart checks.

just saw someone posted the link showing TT help formally acknowledging this issue and espected to fixed by 3rd march

Turbo tax support (who happens to also be on this chain) said 1-2 days. Which was 5 days ago. You are better off putting in all your entries manually rather than wait for a potential march 3 update (which might not happen). 

Guess I will wait, thanks for that info, will see

mandrar

Can you advise when this update will be available via email since I paid for efile on NJ Tax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies