turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Virginia return was rejected with an error code VA_Charity. What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

My Virginia return was rejected with an error code VA_Charity. What does this mean?

Mine too.  The email from TurboTax says that when I re-open my state return the details about the problem will be displayed. But they're not.  I went through it all again and TurboTax

says everything is fine. 

ren7nc

I had the same issue with my VA tax return. I resubmitted but still don’t understand what went wrong. 

I resubmitted my return but never found out what was changed. and I hope that only my State was resubmitted since my federal was already accepted.

Well, just resubmitted my Virginia return.  Didn't change a thing but Turbo Tax insists it's fine. Crossing fingers!

Seems like a lot of people are rejected for this error a software issue on turbo end. Wait times are crazy .

Update:Resubmitted state return accepted!

Me too. My federal was already accepted. Idk what the issue is, but turbotax says something like “we fixed it” and had me click through my bank withdrawal info again. It didn’t have me change anything, so I’m hesitant to submit the return again and have it reject again.

Same problem here.. Fed is good to go but Va State was rejected. I opened the Va State form per Turbotax email and it didn't show a error and I couldn't find any to fix. ???

When I opened Turbotax it did a update. (Fingers crossed it fixed the Va State return problem) before I hit the send button.

Va State accepted ! (Download the update from TT first before sending again)

Va state accepted! 

Someone commented on another post I had and said they just refiled and it worked 🙂

After resubmitting, my Virginia taxes were accepted almost immediately,  It seems there was an error in the TT software, so updating TurboTax fixed the problem without any changes to my actual tax forms.  I guess it doesn't pay to file early!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies