turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax computer has no internet access. Program will not load without it. What do I do?

I downloaded the digital version and copied it to a computer via usb drive.  The computer does not have internet access.  Thus, the program won't load because it wants online access to activate.  I have an activation code.  Is there a workaround?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

My tax computer has no internet access. Program will not load without it. What do I do?

No.  There is no workaround.  The TurboTax software must have internet access to verify the license code.

For the record, this isn't good.  There are still some people who prefer not to have their personal business accessible by the internet.  I bought the software and have an activation code for it.  That should be sufficient.

Regardless of my rant, thanks for the input.

@usprocurement wrote:

Regardless of my rant, thanks for the input.

No tax information is sent to TurboTax when using the desktop software.  As with any software application it does need access to the internet for program updates.  Especially for tax preparation software where tax form, schedule and program updates are essential.  The need for the internet access for the license code is only to verify that the code being used is valid.

Radco

I downloaded the program and installed on my notebook. Activated it and downloaded my state. Tested it out, worked fine. Checked for updates, installed them. Then I took my notebook up to my cabin so I could do my taxes in peace and quiet. Sure enough, it won't load because it doesn't have internet. So I brought it back to town, made sure it was activated. Took it back up to my cabin. You guessed it; no internet - no TurboTax. C'mon people, I paid for the program and jumped through all the hoops. Why?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Has stated above, an internet connection is required to file your return with TurboTax. 

Please click Check your Internet connection in Windows to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Radco

Not trying to file. Just trying to use the program I bought and paid for. Did you even read my post? Maybe I should start a new thread.

go back to town and start TurboTax.

check the box to turn off auto updates.

Then it will work for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies