turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My stimulus checks were all deposited into someone else account. Well a couple weeks ago they released 1800 of it. How do I get the rest sitting in my IRS account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My stimulus checks were all deposited into someone else account. Well a couple weeks ago they released 1800 of it. How do I get the rest sitting in my IRS account?

If you are using TurboTax Live, you should connect with your tax expert.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-setup/connect-tax-expert-turbota...

Turbotax is generally not considered a paid tax preparer (it is software to help with self-preparation) and Turbotax can't represent you at the IRS.  In limited cases, when using Turbotax Live or Full Service, your expert may take over and sign your return, that is the only time that your expert can help you directly.

Did you put a trace on your missing stimulus payments?

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/still-waiting-for-your-1400-stimulus-payment-heres-how-to-requ...

It sounds like you are saying that you never received the stimulus payments because payments in your name were sent to the wrong bank account.  You then claimed the rebates on your tax return, but your refund was frozen because the IRS thought you had already been paid.

If the IRS release part of your refund, that is a sign they are making progress.  The IRS is slow, backlogged, and dealing with a lot of stuff forced on them by Congress that they have no tools to deal with, so in a way you're lucky to get anything.

If you have not put a trace on the missing rebate, you should do that now.  If part of your refund was released, I would wait 8-12 weeks to see if there is more movement, or wait to see if the IRS sends a letter explaining what they have done.  If nothing happens after 3 months or the IRS closes your case and says you aren't getting any more money, you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate.

https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

are you saying a bank reversed a deposit to the wrong account?

If so, the money was returned to the IRS. You would have a credit.

@christianjames74 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies