Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

I didn't used turbotax and I didn't get the amount that I am qualified as well.  So I dont think your theory is very accurate 

Was your 2018 income within the limit?  Since you haven't filed for 2019 it is based on 2018.

I received $56 instead of $604. No one to contact for assistance. 

Bd31333

Our income was higher but with higher income we are supposed to get only $1200 for couple and 500 each kids (2) so instead of 2400 in total with kids we only got 1195

Did you file for 2019 yet?  It appears that 2018 info was used when your child wasn't a dependent.

Also I used turbo tax for both 2018 and 2019. For 2019 filing I had my preparation fee taken out of my refund. Does this affect my balance? Help!

Doesnt matter what you used...check the Dependents section of your tax return. Is the Child Tax Credit box checked off next to your kids name?

It doesn't matter how you filed with Turbo Tax or another program.  

Reicher

I agree. I only received $1680 and should have received $2900 based on filing joint with two kids. $5 less for every $800 over $150,000. 

Ours is wrong too! It’s a random amount.  Not because of income limits or missing children amounts or any fines due the IRS.  Anyway you do the math, according to all of the websites and calculators, it should be round numbers.  We got $3445.65 instead of $4400 for Dad, Mom filing joint and then 4 dependent kids under 6.  We even filed 2018 and 2019 taxes.  Go figure!  Any guesses? 

Reicher

Yes $5 for every $80 over $150000 up to 199,000

Jwerty1

Same, only got $2400. Should be $3900 with 3 dependents. Wondering what to do.

Ours is wrong too!  Same

thing not a round number.  Have you found out any answers yet?  

Ours is not wrong because of income limits or missing children amounts or any fines due the IRS.  Anyway you do the math, according to all of the websites and calculators, it should be round numbers.  We got $3445.65 instead of $4400 for Dad, Mom filing joint and then 4 dependent kids under 6.  We even filed 2018 and 2019 taxes.  Go figure!  Any guesses? 

This is a disaster... How could they screw up this badly? If you notice, 98% of the people got shorted out of money, very very few got extra. (Not surprised)

Year 2018 (2 adults only) made approx 120k combined. Filed 02/2019

Year 2019 (2 adults and 1 dependent) made approx 115k combined. Filed 02/2020

should of received $2,900, yet received only $2,400. Both years we got money back, so I think they went off of our 2018 return for many people out there. Nothing makes sense

Did you claim Child Tax Credit for your kids? If that box IS NOT checked in the Dependents section of your return, you won't get the $500 per kid.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies