Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

It shows on the calculator that if you make $160,000 you would be reduced from $2,400.00 to $1,900.00 not $6.15 now what

By the end of which tax year? @MayaD 

Because my wife and I took money from our IRA's in 2018 for a down payment on a house, that increased amount shown as income. Evidently government stimulus amount was paid based on that amount (2018) even though we had filed our 2019 taxes where we qualified easily for the $1200 each. (We received a total of $600 in bank account). How do we contest this amount and ask that 2019 income shown on filed and accepted tax return for 2019.  I cannot find a site and IRS not taking calls. Thank you

I received a stimulus payment yesterday of $1200 dollars, which is wrong. My husband and I are below the threshold and should have received $2400 dollars. I am curious if a different amount will be deposited into his account because he receives social security? We filed our 2019 taxes already and received our tax refund, while I am listed as the head of the household. We also filed jointly. So, I am not understanding why we did not get the full amount. We have no children to claim and we are well below the threshold to meet the requirement for the full amount. I have searched and cannot find any way to contact the IRS about this situation; though I have found articles saying that if the stimulus payment is incorrect then the person is to contact the IRS immediately, which is senseless when there is no information made available to contact them.

I am in a similar boat. My joint tax return with my wife is well under the $150k threshold and we have 4 children, with our youngest being born in June 2019. We filed for 2019 tax returns many weeks ago and we only got stimulus money for 3 of our children. I see a pattern of new dependents added in 2019 not being accounted for.

What should we do to address this and notify the IRS?

Curious... was your most recent child born in 2019?

Im missing both dependents 500

I don’t see any codes on mine.  I don’t. Owe anything that they would deduct for. 

No, 2006

brigetto

Same! Got the $2400 for the adults, but missing the $500 for our daughter

The IRS obviously screwed up,  it will end up on the news so hopefully they will correct them soon.  It happened to a lot of people.  I also heard that someone on Facebook said they got $8000.000 deposited, which was obviously wrong.  That’s probably where all ours went 🤨

Edtuck

I came to this page thinking my check was wrong, but I thought the checks were based upon taxable income.  They are based on adjusted gross income which is your income before any deductions. That is line 8b on your return. My taxable income was $148k, but my agi was $175k which is 25k over the 150k limit.  The amount of stimulus is reduced by $5 for every $100 over 150k so my stimulus was reduced by $1250.  Unfortunately my check is correct and I should have waited to file my tax return so they could have used my 2018 return.  I believe there might be a chance to get some of this back when I file in 2021 if my income is less due to being off work from covid19.

E-filed

Why is my  stimulus check short we only received $1530 how is this even possible we are married one child make less than 75,000 a year how do we get this corrected ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies