My state license doesn't have an issue date, what do i do.

If your driver's license is not being accepted when you enter the information exactly how it's provided on your driver's license, you have the option to leave this information blank, and file your tax return without this identifying information.

It might be helpful to know that your driver's license number is actually not required to file your federal taxes, nor is it required to file your State tax return in most states. If your State issued ID or driver's license is not being accepted, you can leave the driver's license/state ID information blank, and still file your return.

Two states, Illinois and Alabama, do require a driver's license to file a state return.

For additional information, you can view the IRS information on New Security Safeguards. The two following paragraphs taken from that website are specific to your situation:

Do I need a driver’s license number to file a return?

You do not need a driver’s license number to file a federal return. Some states may request your driver’s license number for state tax returns because they have the ability to match state records and help confirm your identity. This is one more layer of protection against identity thieves. State tax software will prompt you for your driver’s license number if it is requested by the state. You also can review  state revenue department websites  for information.

Why am I being asked for my driver’s license number?

In an effort to better protect you from identity thieves, some states will be trying new approaches. Some states may ask for additional identification information, such as your driver’s license number, when you are preparing your state tax return. This will be another layer of protection because identity thieves may already have your name and Social Security number, but perhaps not your driver’s license number. States requesting this information have the ability to match driver’s license information and other identifying records to help confirm your identity. You do not need a driver’s license number to file your federal tax return.

it wont't let me proceed to efile without entering the information. How do you bypass the page?

I'm having the same problem. I list no issue date but it keeps coning back and asking me for one before proceeding.

To Bypass the ID page clear out the State and leave it blank!(top option when you click to enter the state info).Clear out ALL information and then it will let you continue!!

I cannot efile without a dl or id

A Driver's license number or state identification information isn't necessary for your federal return.

However, without this information, the processing of your state tax return may be delayed, in certain states, and some states may not allow you to e-file without it.

Please see the TurboTax Help article Why are you asking for my driver’s license or state ID?for more information., and the articles "How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?" or How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?as appropriate for guidance in paper-filing your return.