Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My security code to activate my 2019 software does not work

The solutions provided in that link do not work.

Here's my solution:

I was getting the "add activation code" a few times, so I decided to do a full uninstall and reinstall, and now I have not been asked to enter the activate code. Did a few reboots to test. I used Apps & Features in Win 10 to do the uninstall, then I went to the following directories and manually deleted any Intuit folder: 

• C:/Program Filesx86/Common Files/
  • C:/Users/[Your username/]AppData/Roaming/
  • C:/Program/Data/

Finally I deleted the Turbo Tax folder in C:/Program Filesx86/

Then I reinstalled. All good so far after multiple reboots.

FYI, I'm using Home & Business that I downloaded from Amazon.

Dell795

Oh boy I feel your pain.  Same issue.  INstalled, worked for one day and now in the forever tyring to activate loop.  Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with TT rep- no resolution.  Tried to download from website instead of disk, same issue.

Anyone had an luck finding a solution?

Delete everything and reinstall. Do full uninstall, go into each install folder and manually delete everything, folder included. Then reinstall. Should be fine if you are the original owner. 

And those links lead no where except a phone # trying to sell 3rd party items

Facebook support doesn't handle software issues.  You're other link sends to a number for 3rd party offers

@kathyms21 wrote:

Facebook support doesn't handle software issues.  You're other link sends to a number for 3rd party offers

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

And this TurboTax support FAQ if the code is not working - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/01/871966

And this TurboTax support link does NOT take you to a third party.  It is the link for accessing TurboTax support when they are open - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

See Screenshots -

Contact website.JPG

Contact website 1.JPG

There is no place to "sign up" with the link.  Anyway still cant access software

@kathyms21 wrote:

There is no place to "sign up" with the link.  Anyway still cant access software

What do you mean "cant access software"

Did you purchase and download the 2019 software?  Did you purchase a CD for the 2019 TurboTax software?

Oh goodness the activation code to initially open the software.

2019 Home & Biz download.  Same problem relating to the link you provided

Phone number provided when sent to Contact Us screen offer multiple deals on 3rd party items.  It doesn't once mention how to talk to your support 

the 800 # tells you menu has changed then goes right in to asking if you're 50 years or older you may win a special prize...….keeps going on about other prizes....

@kathyms21 wrote:

Phone number provided when sent to Contact Us screen offer multiple deals on 3rd party items.  It doesn't once mention how to talk to your support 

Have no idea what you are referring to concerning deals on 3rd party items.

I just used the contact website - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Entered my problem and my personal information clicked on the button Get Phone Number and received a 800 number to call along with a Support ID.  Called the 800 number and was connected to TurboTax support .

I purchased TurboTax 2019 Home and Business off of Amazon. The product I ordered was a physical CD that was shipped by Amazon and was factory sealed with security tape.  I installed the software using the code on the package without issue.  After doing my Federal taxes it would not proceed to state.  It constantly prompted to download my state (Illinois) and after it downloaded it reports it's up to date.  When I clicked "Start State" the download process starts again.  I called Intuit/Turbo Tax support and after being on hold for 10 minutes I got a rude woman who after many minutes of trying everything I had already tried (uninstalling/reinstalling/etc) She asked me for my license code.  After verifying it with her 3 times she informed me that my license code was invalid.  I would have to go back to Amazon.  I returned the "defective" product to Amazon and they shipped me a replacement.  before proceeding I uninstalled the original installation and followed the online directions to "forcefully uninstall" the product.  I installed from the new CD and after running the program NEVER prompts for the License Key. I'm doing my taxes again.  Hope it works..  This is crazy.

@ Chicago_JP wrote:

After doing my Federal taxes it would not proceed to state.  It constantly prompted to download my state (Illinois) and after it downloaded it reports it's up to date.  When I clicked "Start State" the download process starts again.

Are you by any chance using a Mac?   There was a known Mac issue with a state download-install loop last year, but for the California state program.  I'm wonder if this is the same thing but for Illinois.   If so, I can tell you the steps for correcting that state download-install loop on a Mac computer.   

If you are using a Mac and experiencing the same thing, that anomalous loop shouldn't have anything to do with the license code, but is a step that needs correcting in one of your Mac folders.  The state program, although downloaded,  may be residing still zipped, and needs to have the state files extracted.   We can tell you the details to extract the files, if you're using a Mac and still experiencing the state download-install loop with your new software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies