Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

Maybe this is the problem... I reviewed my 2019 Return Form 8606 for comparison to my 2020 rejected Return Form 8606 (I had same type of Nondeductible IRA contributions and Roth conversions both years).  My 2020 Form 8606 left line 15b blank (instead of indicating "0" like my 2019 correctly showed). Line 15b is part of the "Taxable Amount" calculation reported on 15c, so appears it needs filled in to be complete.  An incomplete calculation could be the reason for the return to be rejected.

Line 15b seems to have something to do with qualified disaster distribution, so not sure why the rejection was coded "due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA".  I'm going to wait on the March 5th software update and check that line 15b on Form 8606 is filled in "0" before attempting to refile.  

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

My Form 8086 15b for 2019 return indicated blank and the return was accepted. I did the same for Form 8086 15b for 2020 return and submitted the e file on Feb. 26 (last Friday). I got rejected for "FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA - There is a potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA."

But I don't have Inherited IRA.

I received the same rejection. Another bug from their half-baked software. I have had multiple instances during preparation where my workflow gets stuck in a loop because of other bugs, but at least they didn't affect whether my filing was accepted in prior years! I'm going to switch back to H&R Block for 2021.

Same here.

Only have a backdoor roth conversion. No inherited ira.

Add me to the list - Roth conversion, not inherited, same error.

It maybe time for a class action lawsuit. The reason I use this product is to complete my tax returns (even when complicated)  successfully. If it was easy, why use the product?

Same here. Tried blank to 0 as well. No use. Looks Like TurboTax Bug. I hope some one will look it quickly. As i am paying interest for payment.

Same - received this error minutes ago.  I would expect some sort of credit from TurboTax for this bug. 

Same here as well.  Having the same problem.  TurboTax, help?

ktzeta
Returning Member

Same thing, only backdoor Roth and no inherited IRA or estimated payments etc.

I filed my returns on Saturday and just received the same rejection notice.  I do not have an inherited IRA.  My IRA has a taxable and non-taxable portion...and 2020 was the first year I received distributions on it.  So I had to file a Form 8606 on the distributions(the program did it for me).  I'll patiently wait until March 5th and am counting on TurboTax to work out the kinks by then and give us all an update that will allow us to refile.

prince85

same

Same here. Backdoor Roth, no estimated payments. Form 8606 is incomplete compared to previous years.

same

Same here - I guess we need to wait to March 5th.  I do have an inherited IRA - I know the rules changed for newly inherited IRAs, but were grandfathered for older ones. Turbotax error Im sure.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies