Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return has been rejected three times with the code "X0000-005" stating some sort of XML Schema matching failure. How can I figure out and resolve this?

I have made minor changes to information (removed added middle initials in personal information etc) but no joy -- same result three times.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

My return has been rejected three times with the code "X0000-005" stating some sort of XML Schema matching failure. How can I figure out and resolve this?

Underneath your question it says Online Self-Employed edition.  Is that correct?

Is your rejection code for Federal or State?    If state, what state?

If no one offers suggestions in this user forum, here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours (corrected):  5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

At least 3 users in another thread have reported the same thing this afternoon, which is unusual. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-fed-state-e-file-rejected-xml-data-failed-sche...

I'm also reporting it to a TurboTax Moderator since it's an unusual cluster for that uncommon rejection code.

Hold off for now, and see if the problem recurs tomorrow.  Maybe some server will reset overnight.  

If it recurs, please phone in tomorrow using the Support links above, and let TurboTax Support question you.

dmonden

I have the same problem.  X0000-005  both Federal and State keep rejecting

@dmonden wrote:

I have the same problem.  X0000-005  both Federal and State keep rejecting

It turns out Support is open today if you want to go ahead and phone them.  See instructions in first answer above.

red-orb

I'm having the exact same issue.  Been rejected 3x with that XML X0000-005 error.

Also having the same issue, don't want to have to pay to get support for just filing.

@ greatermossdog wrote:

Also having the same issue, don't want to have to pay to get support for just filing.

You get free phone support if you are using a paid edition (PLUS or higher).  PLUS is 29.99.  If you are using Free Edition, then just keep watching these 2 threads and wait until tomorrow to see what folks report back.   It's also possible you might be able to efile tomorrow if something resets tonight. 

If you end up needing Support,  another option for Free Edition users is to message a TurboTax Support agent directly at Facebook or Twitter at no charge.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

I agree it is very interesting that this unusual error code is popping up for enough users that more have found this thread and mentioned it here. For every one of us there is probably a couple more who aren't trying to get an answer through Community.

I have a paid edition (Self-Employment) so I will be able to get some support, I just expect to do it on Monday and didn't want to try to make that happen on Sunday.

My concern is that we're going to be told it's a problem they don't have an answer for and that we will end up being told we have to print and mail the return. By the time I have submitted this here, reviewed responses, and spend time on the phone with support then possibly be told that I have to print and mail, I will have spent enough time and postage to double the cost of my tax filing from the already stuff cost of the edition I needed because they charge a ridiculous amount extra for a version that is Schedule C capable. I remember when it was all included in the price of TurboTax, no matter which features you needed (and it was far more affordable that $120/yr).

I'll report back one way or the other.

Mark

@markcroom wrote:

My concern is that we're going to be told it's a problem they don't have an answer for and that we will end up being told we have to print and mail the return.

I'll report back one way or the other.

Give them a chance to work on it.    It may or may not be fixed immediately.   The filing deadline is still 24 days away.  I personally wouldn't print and mail unless it approached the deadline with no fix.   If it's going to take them a while to fix, they usually put out a containment FAQ with more info and possibly a place to sign up for email notifications.

We're running into the same issue. Can we please escalate this to the engineering team to look into it? Seems like a lot of people are affected!

TT Customer Service said this is an IRS issue that is being worked on right now. They don't have a specific timeframe for the fix at the moment. So, try again later I guess.

Good to know,

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate the follow-up.

Mark

My states filing deadline has already passed so I want to get this in ASAP and I can't file my state return before the federal return is in. 

Yeah support recommended to me yesterday to file by mail if it still didn't work by EOD yesterday. Since other people have mentioned that it seems to be an ongoing issue for many users and one they are working on, I'll just try to wait it out as long as I can. Hopefully somebody will post a comment to this thread or something when this issue is resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies