turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My payment to turbo tax says completed, but my taxes are still pending, how did turbo tax recieve payment when I haven't gotten my taxes?

mine has been complete for 2months an i still havent got a return.... i was accepted 2/11... but im hearing ppls getting emails saying their fees would be takin out their banks instead of their returns but for some reason i havent got a email saying i owe fees an when i check my fees on turbotax it says on have no fees... then who paid the $320 i didnt neither did my return bcuz i havent got it

My payment to turbo tax says completed, but my taxes are still pending, how did turbo tax recieve payment when I haven't gotten my taxes?

any luck? Mine just changed today

It’s been over 2 months and nothing yet :( mine said payment complete on 2/23 and still nothing from IRS as well so I don’t know what’s going on 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Could be number of reasons for refund delays, especially this year. Generally it is due to dependent verification, refund offset, or information mismatch. You can get a free transcript of your return to review of any holds or codes. Click here to get your free online transcript.

Did you have unemployment benefits. So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits if your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000.   

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund and you will receive a letter indicating the change.

If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this will delay your refund. If you claimed the Recovery Rebate credit on your return, the IRS is matching stimulus payments to returns with the Recovery Rebate credit. If there is a mismatch, you will be receiving a letter.

Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information.

Check here also for more information on refund delays.

No still the same. When did you file? 

Lol nope...

There’s no question that the person who said there is no distinction from Turbo Tax changing their  payment status from processing to complete is just flat out wrong. 

When my refund transfer changed to COMPLETE, I also received an email from TT saying thank you and they will still be available for help should I need it, even after the reception of my refund. 

Bottom line, TT and the SBTPG get a notice before actually receiving any funds that this is the amount we’re sending and it’s being sent the next business day(educational guess)...which is why your refund transfer doesn’t cost you any extra time as far as when the money hits your account. Their website claims they receive the info ahead of the currency in order to keep your money on schedule to your pocket!

...once TT has that information they consider that payment compete. 

but the SBTPG hasn’t received anything just yet so they cannot say they have.

As for the IRS, in my research..certain accounts are considered daily and some weekly. Not sure about why that is the case but apparently they each have there own predetermined day of the week in which the system undergoes mass updates. So although your refund is approved as of today and being sent on this particular day, the IRSs system won’t actually reflect that until your ‘Mass Update’ day comes to pass. 

but IN FACT, it’s the first step in the process of our refunds being on the way!!

hope I helped, i might have confused myself actually but it sounded good in my head before I started

bottom line, people count on these funds and certain people need to do a little more research before claiming falsehoods. It’s stressful enough...without disinformation 

Same here 

isbel5768
Returning Member

that's a bunch of bull my status says it's been completed since April 4th it's May 17th and I still haven't got it

isbel5768
Returning Member

did you get yours yet how long did it take

isbel5768
Returning Member

so you're saying after the email it takes over 30 days to get it that's a bunch of bull

Terrica318
Returning Member

My Order Details Says Thanks for your payment and completed. But WMR or TPG has not updated yet. Should I receive my refund soon?

Yea they liars it says pending for two weeks now turbo tax and IRS website messed up not updated my daughter got her taxes day after me filed with turbo tax 0 I paid 114 or something out fed two weeks ago before her hit wrong box after 100 time upgrade people filed turbo tax week after done got thief's turbo tax 0 bull crap have to wait on irs then this Santa Barbara 3-4 days and it lie says pending up til time they get it it don't say completed when u do it tax said pending three weeks til day and 10 people I know got thief's with irs refund saying pending

Dclackjr03
Returning Member

So once it goes from pending in turbotax to complete that means 3 to 5 days to get refund?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax will show completed once your return has been accepted by the IRS. From here, TurboTax does not receive any further updates from the IRS regarding your tax return. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21.

For more information, please see the following link: 

Once the IRS Where’s My Refund? site shows your refund has been sent, it generally takes Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), who administers the "refund processing service" for Intuit, 1 to 2 business days to process and forward your refund to your financial institution, after it receives them from the IRS.

SBTPG then sends the refund to your bank it can take up to 5 business days to post to your account.

• To check your refund status with SBTPG click here.
  • For SBTPG contact information, please click the following link: SBTPG Contact 
  • You may also submit a request to them here.

If you have not received your refund and it is past the timeframes noted above, you may need to start a tracer by following the instructions in the following IRS link: IRS Refund Trace

@Dclackjr03

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies