turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrs2406

My parents claimed me last year and I also filed. Neither of us received either stimulus payment for me, if I file for only me this year, will I still get the refund?

Will I be eligible for the $1200 and $600 stimulus refund from last year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

My parents claimed me last year and I also filed. Neither of us received either stimulus payment for me, if I file for only me this year, will I still get the refund?

The stimulus payments to date have been advances for the rebate Economic Rebate credit on the 2020 tax returns based on 2018/19 returns.  Since you and your parents did not receive the advanced payments and you cannot be claimed as a dependent then you can get the stimulus money on your own 2020 tax return by filling out the recovery rebate credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Login your TurboTax.
  2. With your return open, search for the term stimulus.
  3. Select Jump to link.
  4. Under the combined total first-round stimulus payment enter zero if you did not get a payment.
  5. Under the combined total second-round stimulus payment, enter zero if you did not get a payment.
  6. Click on Continue.
  7. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus.
  8. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies