Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MarkusH

Morgan Stanley SockPlanConnect says invalid username/password. I used the exact same username and password on the website and it worked. What gives ?

I don't see any way to go to the "Security Center" in Stockplanconnect. Here is what the web site has to say about TurboTax, and there is no mention of having to enable anything first:

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 10.56.56 PM.png

gokul

Morgan Stanley SockPlanConnect says invalid username/password. I used the exact same username and password on the website and it worked. What gives ?

Any help from TT in here will be appreciated.

There is no such setting I can locate in Stockplan Connect, and the article points to correcting this for a Schwab account, not Morgan Stanley.

Referring to an earlier post from TT

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are not able to import your transactions into TurboTax, you can enter them manually. Here's how:

1) Once in your return, click Income & Expenses (top tabs)

2) Scroll down till you see Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other

3) Follow the prompts to add in your sales

@mikecisco

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
blinddog

unfortunately there is no option to enable third party access for Morgan Stanley so this is not a solution

If I have to enter the data manually, that sort of defeats the purpose of buying TurboTax doesn't it?

Change you password to something more simple. Then try again. Worked for me

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect should be working. If you are unable to import your broker statement, you do have the option to type in a total for each of the 4 categories. You can enter 4 l Ines and cover the entire form.

Enter the totals for each:

• short term covered
  • short term non-covered
  • long term covered
  • long term non-covered

I'm assuming they never responded... I'm having the same issue now (March 2020)

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

The Morgan Stanley StockPlan Connect should be working. If you are unable to import your broker statement, you do have the option to manually enter it.  

You must be a complete idiot!

1. Many people that are pretty intelligent are reporting the same symptom.

2. This worked for many of us last year using TT.

3. Suggesting password or user name changes is absurd.

4. If TT can not reconcile this, I think you owe every one with a StockPlan Connect account who is unable to import their forms a 100% refund.

This BS of its a MS vs TT issue means nothing to the people that paid for TT.

Resolve it, or refund us!

Enter the data manually is a joke answer...step up Intuit...we're watching!

ErikSwan

I can confirm this is still broken as of August 2020. Changing my StockPlan Connect password to a simpler password fixed it.

My old password was long, with many special characters/symbols.  I changed it to a shorter password with only letters and numbers. I'm not sure if the problem is due to the special characters/length, or if a password change to any new password will work as well.

Same problem.    Worked perfectly last year, but now cannot login.

Doesn't say much for either company that this problem has been around for years and all they can do is point fingers at each other.

I was able to change my password (twice because of MS restrictions on reuse) to something simple, say Intu1tContinuesFailing, and then sync the data. Hope that helps someone.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies