turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

1116 has been released and works fine

For about the 10th time if you read all the comments it is 1116b that is not available till end of month

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Did you enter the $$ value of all the foreign dividends you received in 2021.  Not the taxes The dividends 
You have to calculate that manually as no brokerage 1099-Div breaks that out 

if u do not enter that in the 1099-Div area  of TT u will not get the full credit this year. 

rifi
Level 4

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Level 2
30m ago

“Did you enter the $$ value of all the foreign dividends you received in 2021.  Not the taxes The dividends 

You have to calculate that manually as no brokerage 1099-Div breaks that out “

Yet some brokerage 1099-Divs are accompanied by the requisite information ( the foreign source income) broken out in a separate table, such as the “Foreign Income and Taxes Summary”  table - from Fidelity brokerage - and, thus, in such an instance,  one does not need to do the manual calculation.

alsn
Level 4

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Vanguard provides the % income as follows:

VNGRD INTL GRW ADML / [removed] / VWILX
FOREIGN SOURCE INCOME PERCENTAGES
Fgn Source Inc Tot 53.09% Fgn Source Inc Qual 53.09% Fgn Source Inc Adj 0.00%

So, for example, if my Total Dividends & distributions from this fund are $10,000, should I enter $5,309 for this purpose?

@jmztt @rifi 

robiecreekww
Returning Member

Missing 2021 Form 1116

thank you for this info.  I did enter the separate amount from a supplemental form received.  However i have some kind of wierd carryover amount from 2020 that is giving me this error. Apparently I need to look into this further. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

OK thanks

Should have said some brokerage 1099-Div 

do not calculate. 

In either case u have to enter manually 

It was not imported, at least on my download. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 is still not available, I just checked.  And no date provided.

TT says "Form 1116 Foreign tax Credit        Available 0"

Missing 2021 Form 1116

OK - so now it's time to look for best alternative to Turbotax for 2021 on-line filing. 

This page now says that Form 1116 Schedule B is "unsupported" for efiling. 
https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Last year there were bugs in Turbotax that prevented many of us non-residents from e-filing. (I ended up filing by mail last April with a check for the tax payment, and then received a letter a month ago telling me I had not filed, though my check in the same envelope was cashed last year!!! - so I had to resubmit the filing - which is why I want to efile)

So now on a search for an alternative solution that will enable non-residents with Form 1116 Schedule B requirements to efile - anyone with a known working product?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Let us know what you find.  I'm switching as well. 

DJS
Alumni
Alumni

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Go to forms and check if Form 1116 is there. It very likely is. Look at the last line on the form and see if your foreign tax is there, and if it says, to the left, don't file this form. if you had a foreign tax credit of $300 or less you can complete this form 1116 and you will be able to efile. The "Available 0" that you see is misleading. 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

Missing 2021 Form 1116

See previous post. 

Looking at myexpattaxes.com ... so far so good. Anyone got any experience with them?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

No schedule B. Still cannot use to file electronically. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I'm currently checking out Bright Tax.  Will keep you posted.

nelsors
Returning Member

Missing 2021 Form 1116

1116b is part of 1116 was supposed to be release March 3.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I can't even pull up the form 1116 to file it out.  So at least for me, it's still unavailable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies