Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Paige C

Middle Class Tax Refund

It seems a little odd to me that we're all having these issues and turbotax customer service has absolutely no idea about the software update or what MCTR even is. I    followed all the steps and got rejected again this morning. I    tried for a final time right now, however this is the first time I    indicated on my 1099misc that it was the Middle Cladd Tax Refund instead of checking "None of these options apply" so if you're trying again be sure to go into your 1099misc and see the uncommon tax situations and make sure you're checking that it's the MCTR, same with state, you have to locate the Middle Class Tax Refund and then indicate how much you got in 2022.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Middle Class Tax Refund

We are aware of this experience. The issue is being resolved in an update that is scheduled to be released by this week. Please Login to your return early next week and if the issue persists post back here to let us know. Please follow the steps below to review and resubmit your return:

TurboTax online:

1. Log into your account. 

2. Select check my return.

3. Select Federal from the left menu.

4. Select Federal Review.

5. Answer the question regarding CA Middle Class Tax Refund.

6. File your return.

In TurboTax CD/ Download

1. Open TurboTax

2. Select Open your return

3. Select Federal Taxes from the top navigation menu.

4. Select Federal Review.

5. Answer the question regarding CA Middle Class Tax Refund.

6. File your return.

@Paige C 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Middle Class Tax Refund

Will I need to sign up for the deluxe to enter this information even though it's not self employment?

Middle Class Tax Refund

My return was rejected earlier this week and got "instructions" on how to resolve it. It said that today the 27th there would be some type of software update and to follow those exact instructions. Problem is i tried today and does NOT ask anything about the CMCT and says its ready to file. Not satisfied with this i went back and deleted my 1099 misc and re-did it again. Now it says it will be rejected and the software update will be ready the 30th?

Middle Class Tax Refund

We've identified an issue in your federal tax return. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for January 30th, 2023. On or after January30, 2023. you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return. This is just for your federal 1040 tax return.

Hs9
Level 3

Middle Class Tax Refund

I just talked to a Tax assistant bc I was rejected twice for both state and federal. He suggested wait it out til the government fixes it and accepts this type of payment. Or.. completely remove that payment from your taxes and amend them later with that form. No taxes are taken out for both state and federal. So it's stupid they are even having people put it on them. Especially when they aren't prepared or updated to accept them. I'm gonna remove it and see if that does anything. Then amend it later. I'm not waiting til they figure things out. Especially with how slow they are to get around to anything. 

Middle Class Tax Refund

Is this just a Turbo tax issue? Can we just do our taxes someone else and it go through? 

Middle Class Tax Refund

Hi when u removed it , did u get accepted for state and federal ? Thanks 

Hs9
Level 3

Middle Class Tax Refund

Yes, it accepted federal about 20 mins later and State about 45 mins later. 

Hs9
Level 3

Middle Class Tax Refund

I dont know if other company's had same issue. I contacted H&R when all this first started and they said you didn't have to do anything put attach a copy of the 1099-MISC. But Turbo didn't even let me do that, so it's in my saved documents just incase. However, making that change both my returns were accepted. 

Markrink
Returning Member

Middle Class Tax Refund

i have filed 3 times and they all get rejected.... because my calif Middle income tax refund... WTH?   in the post i just saw you say to put NONE OF ABOVE APPLY? there IS a box for MITC tho?  Getting very frusterated, Mark

Markrink
Returning Member

Middle Class Tax Refund

same for me.. Rejected 3 times now

Middle Class Tax Refund

We've identified an issue in your federal tax return. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for January 30th, 2023. On or after January30, 2023. you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return. This is just for your federal 1040 tax return.

Middle Class Tax Refund

@Markrink    You might need to delete and re-enter the form 1099-Misc for the MCTR in the right place and way.

Go back to the "Wages and Income" section.
"Edit" the 1099-Misc
"Delete" the form entry
Click "Done"
On the summary page scroll down to "Other Common Income"
"Revisit" the 1099-Misc topic
Re-enter the form information
You will arrive at a page titled "Does one of these uncommon situations apply?"
Click the button "This was a California Middle Class Tax Refund (MCTR)
Finish the interview section.

Then they are suppose to fix the rejection notice on Monday Jan 30.  So wait to file until after Monday.

Middle Class Tax Refund

This is the problem ☝️ fix wont be available untill the 30th

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies