Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hoov
Level 3

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

Hello,

In addition to complaining among our TT community, here is an email address to investor relations.  I encourage everyone to write them an email.  I got a response from them saying to try Mint to capture monetary donations.  A simple spreadsheet can do that.  Here is their email address:[email address removed]

rseppala007
Returning Member

The only reason I used Turbo Tax was because of the "It's Deductible" app.

I do itemize and It's Deductible always saved me hundreds of dollars on my taxes. 

Now I will stop using Turbo Tax and find another product.

And no, Mint does not do what "It's Deductible" did.

Shame on Turbo Tax for providing less service for more of a fee.

rseppala007
Returning Member

No,  its not operating anymore. I signed in today and you can no longer add items.

rseppala007
Returning Member

that does not help

rseppala007
Returning Member

yes, this helps

rseppala007
Returning Member

i would pay for it

Oh man they did totally disable Its Deductible! I was going in through a link I googled and it was working for me until yesterday. They must have closed that loophole. How shameful! 

I think there is someone reading these posts and reporting it. Instead of helping us get through the year, they are making us more furious!

I really would like to a better solution to this!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

@Hoov wrote:

In addition to complaining among our TT community, here is an email address to investor relations.

Investor relations is the wrong department for product complaints and the email address you posted was blocked, anyway.

It would be much more effective (or more effective than any other approach) to write a letter and mail it to the corporate headquarters in Mountain View, California.

@TaxesWhyMe wrote:

Oh man they did totally disable Its Deductible! I was going in through a link I googled and it was working for me until yesterday. They must have closed that loophole. How shameful! 

Did you use this link to ItsDeductible?  Logging into the website worked OK for me and has a 2022 tab, but it looks like they have removed the ADD buttons, so I can't add any 2022 donations. 

https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Login.htm

NOTE:  If you're already signed into an Intuit product like TurboTax or this community forum, that link may take you directly to ItsDeductible without logging in again.

Hoov
Level 3

I am surprised they are not now shutting down this string of complaints.  Here is an email to express your dismay with their sudden decision. It is one of the few publicly available company emails [email address removed]

@tagteam wrote:

Investor relations is the wrong department for product complaints and the email address you posted was blocked, anyway.

It would be much more effective (or more effective than any other approach) to write a letter and mail it to the corporate headquarters in Mountain View, California.

For those who prefer to use email, here's an email link for the Intuit corporate office that handles suggestions, complaints, feedback, etc:

You can go to the page below. Just below the page's main header tabs, you'll see a screen-wide blue banner that prominently says:

"Do you have a question, concern, or feedback about an Intuit product or service?"

There is a "Send an email" link.  It goes to a designated person in the office of the president of Intuit, and they supposedly will assign it to the right team for review.

NOTE:  Do NOT send any sensitive personal data since that is regular email--not secure email.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Hoov
Level 3

Yesterday the pdf file on itsdeductible did not have my money donations, but today it is included with my item donations.  I guess they keep tweaking the files.

Hoov
Level 3

Thanks.  I found the CEO and most other leaders' email addresses.  Here is what I told them.

If you were going to cancel itsdeductible mid-year, you should have informed customers that 2021 would be the last year for this service, or you should have extended it for the tax year 2022.

This year I have been loading my Items and Money donations monthly into my itsdeductible files so I was surprised to find out that this week I could no longer add any entries.  Instead, you provided pdf files of my 50 charities that include dates, amounts, and addresses I have donated to.  By the way, the first time I tried to get this pdf file, the Money donations were missing which was fixed when I went back in today.

Since TurboTax (TT) for the tax year 2022 is not available, I was unable to upload this partial year file to the 2022 TT.  Instead, I will end up having to type all of this information into TT 2022.

I wish you would have offered us the opportunity to pay for itsdeductible service and continue to offer it.

Lacking that, you should make it open source available so some developers can take over where you have left off.

As background, I have used TT for over 35 years—it does a better job adding and subtracting than I do.  I have breezed through filling out my Schedules A, B, C, D, and E with all of their accompanying forms.  I have enjoyed the improvements with the ability to carry over demographic and financial information from one year to the next. 

I found the itsdeductible program saved me hours of determining values for Items donated as well as the ability to carry forward charity addresses as well as a reminder of what charities I had not donated to that I needed to donate to during my December Money donations activity.

Check out your Community bulletin board regarding your itsdeductible decision to cancel the mid-2022 tax year to see what a mistake you have made that adversely affected your customers and your reputation.

Sincerely,

Hoov: Bravo! I also have emailed them but you have made the case in better fashion than I could have. Thanks from all of us!

I was able to log in to ItsDeductible just now. But in the 2022 tab the "Edit" buttons are missing for the 4 categories so I can't add any new donations. Was able to download PDF's of my entries so far.

So in reality, ItsDeductible has been discontinued already, but you can access your existing data.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies