Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It is not accepting my Webull account number

By entering Account number is social others were able to get this to work?

I still cannot get mine to work.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are still unable to get this to work, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @jab5161

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What would they be able to do additionally be phone?

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Our phone customer support team can provide you with one-on-one troubleshooting assistance which we are unable to do in this public forum @jab5161.

It worked for me by following below mentioned steps. step1 is from help center of webull. step2 is from turbotax while filling the crypto currency. Hope it helps someone.

step1:

To upload your crypto tax document into TurboTax it must be downloaded as a CSV file. If there is an issue uploading the file to TurboTax, then the file may contain too many columns. The only required fields for the crypto tax statement is Symbol (column F), Acquisition Date (column Y), Disposition Date (column Z), Cost Basis (column AA), and Proceeds (column AB). If you remove the unnecessary columns from the CSV file and reupload the document to TurboTax it should upload successfully.

step2

1.Open your CSV file and find the headers at the top of each column.
2.Make sure your file has the following headers: Currency Name, Purchase Date, Cost Basis, Date Sold, Proceeds. (They don’t have to be in this order.)
3.Edit any header labels that don’t match.
4.Resave and upload your CSV file.

It worked  by following below mentioned steps. step1 is from help center of webull. step2 is from turbotax while filling the crypto currency. Hope it helps someone.

step1:

To upload your crypto tax document into TurboTax it must be downloaded as a CSV file. If there is an issue uploading the file to TurboTax, then the file may contain too many columns. The only required fields for the crypto tax statement is Symbol (column F), Acquisition Date (column Y), Disposition Date (column Z), Cost Basis (column AA), and Proceeds (column AB). If you remove the unnecessary columns from the CSV file and reupload the document to TurboTax it should upload successfully.

step2

1.Open your CSV file and find the headers at the top of each column.
2.Make sure your file has the following headers: Currency Name, Purchase Date, Cost Basis, Date Sold, Proceeds. (They don’t have to be in this order.)
3.Edit any header labels that don’t match.
4.Resave and upload your CSV file.

I am not talking about crypto, but talking about stocks. 

nadz2008

Brilliant-- this works perfectly. Thanks!

FthatS

I'm entering 1000+ transactions

I am also talking about getting this uploaded for stock transactions in particular. I've followed all of the recommended steps regarding trying both Apex and Webull. I even looked at my old tax documents within Turbo Tax. I'm a web designer and coder. This is definitely a problem on the end of Turbo Tax. I've checked and double-checked my work. I remember having this issue last year and somehow, I finally just got it to connect. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the steps that I took. If I'm not mistaken, I simply kept trying and it eventually worked. When you're paying for a service such as TurboTax, this should work without hiccup. Further, there shouldn't be a run-around. If I can't get this working soon, I may be switching to another tax service that is capable of functioning properly.

What's especially annoying is, Turbo Tax says, "Get ready to be impressed." I mean, with all these complaints, at least take that phrase out until the problem is resolved. It's pretty annoying. I realize the support team has no backend experience with the coding, but this is a slap in the face, and extremely annoying.

I'm glad DJ got his to work, but this is not a solution. This is common sense. I've read my account number in my Webull account, downloaded my old tax forms from last year to verify my account number, tried both Apex and Webull to no avail. This is honestly ridiculous. 

To try and provide additional details, I've downloaded both my MONTHLY statements from Webull as well as my 1099. The monthly statements do have additional numbers/letters at the end of the account number. I've tried running both numbers without success. The numbers on my 1099 (which is 8 characters in length). The account number from the monthly statement is 10 characters in length. I've tried both with and without hyphens. I'm honestly at a loss here. This is really annoying and was an issue last year as well.

I noticed on my tax forms from last year, there was a "10-" in front of the account number which is displayed on webull. I've been looking for a solution, but there isn't much out there. I did see a thread on Reddit which said,

"Fixed It. I created a Apex Clearing account and it showed my actual account number which was "10-" prefixed. Pasted that and it worked!!!!
https://public-apps.apexclearing.com/session/#/login"

Unfortunately, I tried to create an Apex Clearing Account but their link to create an account isn't working. I found it interesting that my account number on my tax documents I filed with TurboTax last year also had a "10-" in front of my account number shown in Webull.

I tried both Apex Clearing as well as Webull. Also, when we're using our social security number for a password, do we use Hyphens or without hyphens? I've tried both to no avail.

Sorry for expressing my frustrations earlier and I'm doing my best to contribute to finding a solution. I'm a really strong problem-solver, but I cannot figure this one out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies