Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It has been 35 days since i filded. Norefund as of today. says prossed for over a week. Any one else out there waing this long

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

It has been 35 days since i filded. Norefund as of today. says prossed for over a week. Any one else out there waing this long

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days) to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit.

You can check your e-file status here. The information on the IRS website about refunds can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i dont get child tax credit or waiting on stum. so why are mine so late

The IRS is still bogged down with processing millions of 2020 returns.  Please be patient.  Unfortunately, Congress keeps adding to the IRS' workload without any additional funds or resources.

Going forward, you can change your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:

• It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
  • The Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

Call 1-800-829-1040. Be aware. The phone lines are backed up. The IRS opens at 7AM local time in every time zone. The earlier you call, the better your chance of speaking with someone.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies