Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thesmiths805
Returning Member

Issue with the Gross Compensation Worksheet

I couldn't find a place to report an issue so I thought I'd post it here so one of the moderators could report it. (Turbotax Premier 2020 - Download)

On the PA "Gross Compensation Worksheet" under the "Compensation from Federal Forms 1099R" section the "PA Type" codes do not hold over the reopening of the file.  In my case the income is changing from non-taxable to taxable. This is causing me problems as I need to file an amended return this year and the tax amount I paid is incorrect when I reopen the file to file an amended return.  This has been going on for several years but I have worked around it in the past .

For a specific example an "I13" code was changed to an "N" and a "J1" code was changed to a "J2" code

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
jgginder

I have no way of knowing how to complete this form:  "compensation from federal from 1099R"

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You report any and all 1099-Rs that you get. It doesn't matter whether tax was withheld or not, you report them all.

You may need to enter your 1099-R manually if importing it doesn't work.

You'll get a 1099-R if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Your 1099-R screen, then select Continue.
    • If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
  4. Select how you want to enter your 1099-R (import or type it in yourself) and then follow the instructions. You can add up to 20 1099-Rs.

Per @omK100

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies