Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is my fsa automatically accounted for when I upload my w2/

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Is my fsa automatically accounted for when I upload my w2/

There are several types of FSAs (Flexible Spending Arrangement) that the IRS recognizes: a general purpose health FSA, a limited purpose health FSA, and a dependent care FSA.

For both the general purpose health FSA and a limited purpose health FSA, there are no reporting requirements on your tax return. That is, there is nothing on your W-2 that even refers to these FSAs, nor anything else you need to enter into TurboTax.

For a dependent care FSA, there is often (not always) an entry in box 10 on your W-2 showing the amount of your income diverted to your dependent care FSA. This is automatically entered when you enter or upload your W-2.

However, this alone is not sufficient to complete your dependent care information. You must also proceed to the Child and Dependent Care interview and answer the questions there. You can get to this interview directly by doing a Search (upper right) for child and dependent care and clicking on the jump-to result. Mac users will look for child and dependent care in the Topic List.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies