patvinkenes

Is my daughter's au pair income earned in France taxable? She will not receive a W-2. Happy to pay tax just not sure how.

GeorgeDenseff

For a US citizen all income earned worldwide is reportable and taxable.  In TurboTax you will search for foreign income and report it as Other because it is not on a W-2.  If she paid foreign taxes on the income, then a credit for that may apply.  

Hal_Al

There is an exclusion for foreign earned income, if taxed by another country.  To claim the exclusion, you must still report the income on your tax return. TurboTax will give you the option of claiming the exclusion or the tax credit.