Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

I would like to file Cares Act 401k withdrawal made in 2020. The third installment. Is Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Almost, according to forms availability, it will be available as shown below. Once it says ready and has a checkmark, you may want to update your product if not using the online version. To update: 

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

@TurtleTaxes

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

The form is already available for TurboTax Online. I just used it and the questions for 8915F are there.

View solution in original post

263 Replies
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Almost, according to forms availability, it will be available as shown below. Once it says ready and has a checkmark, you may want to update your product if not using the online version. To update: 

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.

@TurtleTaxes

It's 02/16 and form 8915F is still not available for filing.  Now it states 02/23.  What is going to be the next date?????

I have been waiting for form 8915-F too...this is the same thing that happened last year. The form is ready so why can't they get it into TurboTax?

I noticed a few days ago they pushed the date back also. Guess it's going to be a waiting game this year again.

Now Turbo Tax has gone from Feb 16 to Feb 23rd. WHY??? WHY??? Is this a Turbo Tax issue? I believe the IRS has completed the form.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS completes the form, Turbo Tax has to enter it and ensure the coding is correct. Then it has to be checked and approved by the IRS. @Alpha 

I thought Turbo Tax would have it together quickly this year after last years mess... sadly I was wrong. This is one of the many issues that has made me decide to not use Turbo Tax next year. 

This form should be the same as 2021 except for the dates 2022 from 2021. Turbo Tax should not have put Feb 16 as the date available if it could not have met that date. Now no one has much faith in  the Feb 23rd date. Last year Turbo Tax did the same thing with dates. Thank goodness this is the last year of this form. 

Now the date is saying 3/2/23.  This is so frustrating.   It makes me want to just go pay another company to do them.  Why are we always waiting on Turbo Tax for these forms?  

I agree. Last year was a mess. I hoped this year would be different. 

First it was Feb 16th, then Feb 23rd, now the latest is Mar 2nd. Why can't Turbo Tax get their act together? The last IRS update was a Draft as of Nov 2, 2022. The IRS created Form 8915-F is a “forever form,” designed to be used for distributions for qualified 2020, 2021, and later disasters, and for each year of reporting income from and repayment of those distributions. Hard to believe this form is so hard to get working.  

All others already have the form tax act hr block.  So glad this is last year for this. I have been with turbo tax since 2009 but this will be my last year. First was the 16th then 23rd now says March 2nd makes no sense when others have the form ready RIDICULOUS 

I received a 30% off coupon that I was unable to use because of this delay - and it is just a TurboTax delay, others site have the form available. Will my coupon still be honored?

Where are you seeing these dates listed?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies