turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kristenkubina
Returning Member

IRS says I was owed EIC. I sent the form back April 8 and have heard nothing. I cannot reach them via phone, I just get hung up on due to "high call volume". What to do?

How do I know if they even got the form? It says I am eligible but I have gotten to notice of decision or a check. I am really frustrated and can't get through no matter what number I try or option I choose.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

IRS says I was owed EIC. I sent the form back April 8 and have heard nothing. I cannot reach them via phone, I just get hung up on due to "high call volume". What to do?

They sent a letter saying you "MAY" be eligible for the EIC (not a certainty)  and asked you to fill in the form 15111 and return it so they can consider it.  Now all you can do is wait until someone finally gets back to your return in the pile up of millions of returns ... this may take months to resolve and there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. 

Review the notice they sent originally ... there should be a phone number you can call and/or  a fax number you can try to resend the form 15111 although both options will probably not work.  Did they ever release your original refund ?   Did you check your IRS return/account  transcript for a clue as to what is happening?   https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

@kristenkubina since this was a "MAY" be eligible, was anything on Line 27a of Form 1040 already? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies