turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davluj

Installing Turbotax 2011 on windows 10 seems to be impossible. Is there a way to work around this problem? I've already paid for the software and have downloaded it.

I'm trying to install Turbotax 2011 on my Windows 10 PC. The software says it's not designed for anything beyond Windows 7. Is there a way to make it work on Win 10?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Installing Turbotax 2011 on windows 10 seems to be impossible. Is there a way to work around this problem? I've already paid for the software and have downloaded it.

Try obtaining a Windows 7 emulator that runs as separate software under Windows 10.  You still might not be successful, but it is worth a try.
anneatmv

Is it possible to use turbo tax or quicken editions from 2015, or 2016 on Windows 10?

@anneatmv wrote:

Is it possible to use turbo tax or quicken editions from 2015, or 2016 on Windows 10?

Depends on the Windows configuration on your PC

I am using Windows 10 Home Build 19041.  On my PC I have TurboTax 2009 thru 2019 installed.

in the program installer  properties, under Compatibility, select compatibility mode for Windows 7  and check the box.

you may have to make the same setting again on the executable.

You should be able to install old Quicken versions.  You can go to the Quicken Forum here…

https://community.quicken.com/discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

why are you trying to install 2011?  the problem you face is that it's probably a beta version and updates are no longer available.  so you will be using software that might produce an inaccurate return.  if you were to open an old .tax2011 file produce with up-to-date 2011 software the results would likely be different and certain forms would either not be available or not up-to-date for filing.   if you are trying to prepare 2011 because you are due a refund, forget it you are too late.  if you owe, you may need to see a pro who maintain old software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies