Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 64

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Ours was processed before all this crap happened

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

It was $1450, so I'm assuming either I didn't get the child credit or we got a percentage.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I got  mine to

Have question  if u heard  or know. The money the got with held did all go to child support  or  just the half and ours was with held til  fixed. Trying to find out if my husband  kids  got the 3400 from us and then IRS corrected .. curious  if they did  will they have to pay back or IRS is covering their screw up? My step kids didn't tell thier dad anything  l Iike they said they would go figure .. they 20 and 18 do they get it or thier mother ?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Koda802  Stimulus money is only sent for children 16 or younger.  If the kids you are asking about are over 16, no one gets stimulus money for them.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I got my deposit yesterday as well.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Do you guys mind posting what the bank accounts you got them through are? I know some services post a couple days early. I'm US Bank and still haven't seen my deposit.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Mine is USAA and I have not received mine

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

citibank

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

• Key bank maybe  they going off of when u filed  i filed the day I got my W2

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

how many  kids u have?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

There  was a mess  up with 500 child credit  as well they suppose to be wirking that but sounds like at a later time how old is ur kiddo 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

They are taking 1/2 of our kids payment for child support-so the injured spouses will only get $250 per kid. So ridiculous and it makes me so mad.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I agree, Like it was too hard for them to do the math, easier just to split down the middle.  Very unfair!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Nanonano2 I still do not understand how OUR children have to be punished for their dad's back child support issues from decades ago!!!!  This whole thing is such a mess.

BTW I have Capital One as my bank and I still have not received any deposit for my EIP. I am relieved to know that at least some of us have gotten ours. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I think it’s because of community property state laws. If you live in a community property state then everything is split 50/50. So while the money was for the benefit of the child dependent it is still both of the spouses money if you live in a community property state. No different than the child tax credit. That gets split 50/50 every year for us. I live in Texas. I called the irs yesterday and the lady stated my check will be processed on Friday. I thought I would have received a direct deposit because that’s how I receive my returns. She did not know why they were cutting a check instead of direct deposit. So for those of us that did not receive a direct deposit on Wednesday like the others I think we are getting checks.