Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 3

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Ours was processed before all this crap happened

Highlighted
Level 2

It was $1450, so I'm assuming either I didn't get the child credit or we got a percentage.

Highlighted
Level 3

I got  mine to

Have question  if u heard  or know. The money the got with held did all go to child support  or  just the half and ours was with held til  fixed. Trying to find out if my husband  kids  got the 3400 from us and then IRS corrected .. curious  if they did  will they have to pay back or IRS is covering their screw up? My step kids didn't tell thier dad anything  l Iike they said they would go figure .. they 20 and 18 do they get it or thier mother ?

Highlighted
Level 15

@Koda802  Stimulus money is only sent for children 16 or younger.  If the kids you are asking about are over 16, no one gets stimulus money for them.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Highlighted
Level 3

I got my deposit yesterday as well.

Highlighted
Level 3

Do you guys mind posting what the bank accounts you got them through are? I know some services post a couple days early. I'm US Bank and still haven't seen my deposit.

Highlighted
Level 2

Mine is USAA and I have not received mine

Highlighted
Level 3

citibank

Highlighted
Level 3

• Key bank maybe  they going off of when u filed  i filed the day I got my W2
Highlighted
Level 3

how many  kids u have?

Highlighted
Level 3

There  was a mess  up with 500 child credit  as well they suppose to be wirking that but sounds like at a later time how old is ur kiddo 

Highlighted
Level 4

They are taking 1/2 of our kids payment for child support-so the injured spouses will only get $250 per kid. So ridiculous and it makes me so mad.

Highlighted
Level 2

I agree, Like it was too hard for them to do the math, easier just to split down the middle.  Very unfair!

Highlighted
Level 4

@Nanonano2 I still do not understand how OUR children have to be punished for their dad's back child support issues from decades ago!!!!  This whole thing is such a mess.

BTW I have Capital One as my bank and I still have not received any deposit for my EIP. I am relieved to know that at least some of us have gotten ours. 

Highlighted
Level 2

I think it’s because of community property state laws. If you live in a community property state then everything is split 50/50. So while the money was for the benefit of the child dependent it is still both of the spouses money if you live in a community property state. No different than the child tax credit. That gets split 50/50 every year for us. I live in Texas. I called the irs yesterday and the lady stated my check will be processed on Friday. I thought I would have received a direct deposit because that’s how I receive my returns. She did not know why they were cutting a check instead of direct deposit. So for those of us that did not receive a direct deposit on Wednesday like the others I think we are getting checks. 

v
Privacy Settings