turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Mine is USAA and I have not received mine

citibank

• Key bank maybe  they going off of when u filed  i filed the day I got my W2

how many  kids u have?

There  was a mess  up with 500 child credit  as well they suppose to be wirking that but sounds like at a later time how old is ur kiddo 

They are taking 1/2 of our kids payment for child support-so the injured spouses will only get $250 per kid. So ridiculous and it makes me so mad.

I agree, Like it was too hard for them to do the math, easier just to split down the middle.  Very unfair!

@Nanonano2 I still do not understand how OUR children have to be punished for their dad's back child support issues from decades ago!!!!  This whole thing is such a mess.

BTW I have Capital One as my bank and I still have not received any deposit for my EIP. I am relieved to know that at least some of us have gotten ours. 

I think it’s because of community property state laws. If you live in a community property state then everything is split 50/50. So while the money was for the benefit of the child dependent it is still both of the spouses money if you live in a community property state. No different than the child tax credit. That gets split 50/50 every year for us. I live in Texas. I called the irs yesterday and the lady stated my check will be processed on Friday. I thought I would have received a direct deposit because that’s how I receive my returns. She did not know why they were cutting a check instead of direct deposit. So for those of us that did not receive a direct deposit on Wednesday like the others I think we are getting checks. 

@Csabkl09 I get the whole community property state thing, I live in Texas too, but it still not right! 🙂 Beggars can't be choosers though, I haven't even gotten my portion yet! That is a great piece of news about us that haven't gotten DD yet, but I still don't know why because my portion of our refund was DD. Oh well, I am over trying to figure out the IRS and their goofy procedures!

Yes I completely agree that it’s not right! I am in the same boat as you! I have just assumed we aren’t getting it that way if we ever do get it then it will be a nice surprise. 

Apparently we are getting a paper check refunded in mid September. The IRS knew of the mistake and if you file form 8379, injured spouse, with your taxes you should get your portion returned!

Wells fargo

My dependent is 16, so I should receive it

I only have one dependent and 16

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies