Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 62
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 15

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Dhutch05 Thank you for posting that information in this thread.  It should come as welcome news to the folks who have been posting here.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Highlighted
Level 3

They are heartless . Taking 4 months now for our stimulus to come is unbelievable. 
The use of that money is to help us in this pandemic . 

Highlighted
Level 3

I am not getting my hopes up.

A few weeks ago the statement was that it would be handled by the end of August and to contact the local tax advocate if it isn't received by Sept. 1st. Now, it's the "middle to end of September"? I think it's time buying until it gets so close to the 2020 tax filing season the IRS will just tell us to claim it on our 2020 tax filing.

Highlighted
Level 4

And it says to check the status of the date of payment using the get my payment tool and when I do that it still says April 15! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Highlighted
Level 3

Highlighted
Level 2

I JUST now called the tax offset number and it went from 2 withholds to 1!!  Yahoo. That’s progress. 

Highlighted
Level 3

@Nanonano2 , wow that's progress! I was so mad to hear two offsets quoted when we called. I guess IRS figured out a way to pull it finally!!!

Highlighted
Level 3

I just wanted to let everybody know that my husband checked our bank account this morning at 4:10 and low and behold our stimulus was deposited into our bank account

Highlighted
Level 3

Yes I received mine today as well this morning. 

Highlighted
Level 1

thanks for the quick note!  I went to check mine and we received ours as well.  

Highlighted
Level 3

got mines this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Level 3

@mzzwillis who did you all call regarding getting your payment?

Highlighted
Level 4

Still nothing for us, but I will keep looking

Highlighted
Level 3

@Shadrake up until last month i was calling the irs every week.i was told last month that they would start sending out our stimulus payments in the beginning to mid september. i didnt even know the money was there this morning until i saw a post from this group that a few people had gotten their money so i checked my acct and it was there.  i even called the offset number a few days ago and there were 2 offsets instead of 3 like there was back in april. and that was good news. 

Highlighted
Level 3

@mzzwillis , can I ask if you already had your 8379 processed prior to the stimulus? I filed mine with the return but it was still showing as being processed when the stimulus fiasco hit, so I don't know if that means they know I am 8379 eligible or not. 

v
Privacy Settings